Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
My Adobe applications look like crap on my display.

However I am hopeful they will release a fix for this. It's unlikely they will charge for a minor update unless the fix is called CS7 ;)

EyeLoveMac

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2012
Consider pretty much anything you'll read here on MR regarding rMBP with a sizable grain (or a bucket) of salt. Most people who are happy won't post about how happy they are, so the posts you are reading are very much tilted in the negative direction. I considered those as well, but I just got an rMBP several days ago, and it is one amazing computer.

This is so true, I'm one of those people. I don't really care what people think and have no point on expressing my opinion with regards to my retina macbook pro. The thing is amazing, it doesn't need to be confirmed by others on here, and I certainly do not wish to brag that my computer is simply the best :p.

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
Yeah, it is probably the human being nature: When things go well he is not grateful, and when they go wrong he despairs...

I wouldn't say he's ungrateful, just that you're much more likely to spend time enjoying your machine rather than going on a forum to talk about how awesome it is.

Whereas when it fails, the first thing one does is complain

biskit96

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2012
I would go to the Apple store and look at both. One thing I do not see too much comment on is that the color reproduction is far far better on the rMBP than the cMBP, that is apart from the added clarity. After seeing this big difference I am sold on the rMBP over the cMBP. The color is so much better. Mine should arrive on Saturday, but I am still bit worried to see if I have any problems

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
If you're one to sit & stare at your Mac, admiring whatever it is that excites you then you have a point.

I'm one who's too busy using it as the tool it is to get my work done. I've never found an inanimate object so alluring I choose it based on looks. It's just a computer.

Figured I'd get a smug response like this.

I was simply pointing out that new Apple designs tend to stick around for a several years, unchanged. Many people do choose to buy Apple products because of their design. Jony Ive doesn't get paid millions for nothing. It is something to consider, even if -- like yourself -- you use your machine for 'work'.

Signed,
An pre-unibody macbook user

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.