Retina or not

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aasssos01, Aug 4, 2012.

1. aasssos01 macrumors newbie

I'm going to buy a mac..but It is difficult to decide which MacBook to purchase..Would i buy macbook pro retina or non retina?As you know, the resolution of MacBook pro with retina display is 2880x1800, but do I really need it? I usually use it for gaming (like FIFA ...diablo...)and surfing the net. I seldom (or never) edit photos and video.

I will use it for 3-4 years..

Sorry for my silly English .

2. playsontheleft macrumors regular

If you're not a particularly heavy gamer than a MacBook Air will suit your needs. You don't need the rMBP from the sounds of it.

That said, don't let us stop you. If you want it then it's your money and you should buy it because no other display will compare for you. You might not need it but you'll certainly enjoy it.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No. Very few people have an actual need for the retina display. Very many people think they do.

4. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

If you can afford it then get it, because if you get the 15" non retina and upgrade it to the same specs as the Retina it'll be way pass the price point of the Retina.

Wait for the 13" Retina? :)

5. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

The worst part about the retina is the wait time for ordering online! Ordered today and its estimated to be delivered 20-22 aug! Going to be an unfriendly 2 weeks or so...

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Mine was ordered on the 26th and will be delivered on the 7th. My wife's was ordered on the 3rd and will be delivered on 14-16. So lead time seem to be around 2 weeks....at least for BTP units.

7. stevelam macrumors 65816

if you want to spend $2500 just to play a ****** game like diablo, go for it.

8. DcoalStrat macrumors member

Very well said! So I say "No" don't be a beta tester. By the time you need to upgrade 3 to 4 years from now, the retina gonna be a more matured product. Resale value of a rev A product is not always as good as you think. Because the product is more flaw. Take macbook air as an example or even the iphone, Apple Tv anyone? Ipad and list goes on.