Retina Replaced

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Outkast27, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Outkast27, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013

Outkast27 macrumors 6502

I picked up my 15 inch mbpr from Apple today. They replaced the screen, it had a dead pixel and ghosting. I had a LG and now I have a Samsung. Anyways, the top left and right corner of the screen, in the black border area, has a hard crease in each corner on the black material. Would this bother you guys? It does not look right to me. I can not get it to show up in pictures so far. Im sure ill just live with it, instead of go through the hassle of the process of trying to get it replaced and possibly damaging it further. Just bums me out that my baby is not perfect any more, like a new car that has been tampered with, no longer factory condition. I know some of you will not understand and give me crap about it, but Im just seeing what your opinions are, if this happened to your expensive machine.

Some of the bottom panel screws also stick out, I do not have a pentalope driver or whatever they are called.

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I'd take it back. I don't pay $2000+ for mediocrity.

3. AceMason macrumors 6502

4. Outkast27 thread starter macrumors 6502

I cant even see it now that Im looking for it with a flashlight. I only noticed it earlier while sitting on my living room couch with the sunlight shinning behind me from the front window.

5. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Screws protruding out on the bottom? Id be infuriated, that sounds like a real careless job. If I were in your shoes I'd bring it back.

6. Outkast27 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, as I'm typing on it now, they are snagging across my basketball shorts.

7. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

8. Outkast27 thread starter macrumors 6502

You guys are persuading me so far. It's such a pain in the ass though. I just emailed the apple manager (not a local person) that set up the arrangement for me, he was extremely helpful after my ipad mini took over a month to replace. I explained the situation and asked for his input. I will see what he says and most likely take it back.