Retina screen gets brighter when plugged in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by avraham, Aug 23, 2012.

1. avraham macrumors newbie

I just noticed that the screen gets brighter on my MBP Retina when I plug it in to the power cord. If this is normal I guess I should be doing all photo editing with the computer plugged in with the power cord.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The screen is set to dim a bit when on battery by default.

3. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Can't you just...turn the brightness up without it plugged in? If you don't want it to do this go to system preferences->energy saver->battery->"dim screen when using this power source"

4. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

i dont understand why these kids have 2000 dollars computers

its pretty obvious, when unpluged the mac tried to conserve battery by dimming the screen automactically (u can manually change it of course, the keys to increase and decrease brightness is located on the top left beside the ESC key)

when pluged in, the screens getts brighter for better viewing as its pluged into a power source

5. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

It gets brighter, but I don't think the maximum brightness is increased?

6. avraham thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. Especially iLikeTurtles's response. I am not sure who the real 'kid' is, I was born in 1942.

7. Beta Particle macrumors 6502a

You should be doing photo editing with a profiled display running at 100cd/m² in a controlled room if you really care about accuracy.

8. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Of course...that should be completely obvious to anyone, even someone that might be using a Mac for the first time. :rolleyes: Just because someone asked a question that YOU think they should already know the answer to, it doesn't mean they're a kid or that they shouldn't own whatever computer they feel like owning. Get off your high horse...we all had to start our Mac knowledge somewhere.