Retina screen issue.

alexwei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
I just noticed today when I'm switching between different full screens, there are like marks that's "left over" from some previous app... I don't really know what's it call though.

Does anyone experience the same problem?

Last edited:

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
Most likely you have an LG screen. If it is really bad, you may get Mac to replace the screen on warranty.

alexwei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Thank you both. I actually didn't know that my problem has a name for it.

adjeff8

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
It's called Image retention and has been discussed many many many times here.
I don't know where this guy has been. There has been no other issue discussed in more places than this. But hey...That's what this forum is for. Nobody should be shy about asking their questions or voicing there concerns. This is a safe place, for experts, novices and newbies alike. And besides, it would have been difficult for him to do a search considering he didn't know the name of the issue. Easier to just ask away.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
I don't know where this guy has been. There has been no other issue discussed in more places than this. But hey...That's what this forum is for. Nobody should be shy about asking their questions or voicing there concerns. This is a safe place, for experts, novices and newbies alike. And besides, it would have been difficult for him to do a search considering he didn't know the name of the issue. Easier to just ask away.
Agree, not everyone is an expert (I'm not one myself), so we all need to start the same way....