Retina screen problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shaunyac, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Shaunyac macrumors regular

Shaunyac

Just a quick question, my retina macbook pro has had a problem in the last couple of days, every now and then, like once an hour maybe if that, the screen has had a flash across the bottom of it, I don't know what it is but it happens whatever I'm doing like watching a movie, on Chrome or playing a game.

It goes across the whole width of the screen and as situated about an inch above the bottom of the screen, it's so fast I don't even know what it looks like, it's about a cm wide maybe?

Just wondering if I should worry or if it's ok? Obviously if I take it to the Apple store I can't stand around for an hour waiting for it to happen so would need some way to prove it?

2. theasian1887 macrumors newbie

Retina

I've been having the same problems. I think it might just be the computer and i dont think there is a way to fix it. its very disappointing.

3. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

I would take it in. In my experience, you don't have to demonstrate this type of thing. However, you could use a program like Voila to record your screen while you use it at home until it happens, then show them the recording.

4. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

Try turning off automatic graphic card switching in the Energy Settings and see if it changes anything for you.

5. gmikesell macrumors regular

Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread but I'm having this issue as well. The thing is, I have a Samsung display/SSD (base model MBPr June, 2012) model and really don't want to exchange if I can at all avoid it.

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue or has it gotten any worse over time for anyone who has had this issue?

6. cbs20 macrumors member

SMC reset, PRAM reset, Repair Disk, Repair Permissions, and boot to safe mode then boot to normal. Problem solved unless it's a hardware display problem then take it to Apple.

7. gmikesell macrumors regular

lol I was hoping to avoid all that by just asking if someone was able to resolve and direct me to the solution. Otherwise, yeah, may have to take it step by step.