Retina software incompatibility?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by senseless, Mar 29, 2015.

1. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

I was surprised when my financial software, Account Edge, would not install or run on my Retina iMac. It is not supported on this display. Have you run into other software that won't run on the Retina iMac?

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

No. That's truly odd. It it not supported on "this display," or on Yosemite? What happens if you switch to a different resolution in Display?

Also, do a "Get Info" on the application. Check the "open in low resolution" and see what happens. Most applications that don't support retina just have mushier graphics, they don't refuse to even start.

3. senseless thread starter macrumors 68000

senseless

"Open in low resolution" is checked, but greyed out. No resolution will work. Account Edge runs fine on my old iMac with Yosemite, but not the retina iMac. I've heard of problems with fuzzy text on Retina MacBooks, so this may be the issue with the Retina iMac not opening it at all. They are working on a new version according to the support page.

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Will it run if you go to System Preferences > Displays, Option-click "Scaled", check "Show low resolution modes" and change to "2560 x 1440 (low resolution)"?

5. senseless thread starter macrumors 68000

senseless

I didn't know those modes were there, but it didn't help anyway. Here are some of the errors:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000ae000001

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):

Error Code: 0x00000004
    Trap Number: 14

6. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

If it doesn't run even in low resolution mode then the problem obviously doesn't have anything to do with Retina. Could something have gotten corrupted or left out when you moved it from the old iMac to the new one?

7. senseless thread starter macrumors 68000

senseless

No, I reinstalled from the original disk and had the same issue.