Retina superdrive and Lion Q

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by souljah, Sep 1, 2012.

1. souljah macrumors newbie

Hi! So i received retina mpb and am really confused about some things. As i heard i can install my music programs which are on cd-s via wifi with my older mpb. Is this correct? If its doable then its only for some time, cause im selling my older one in a month or two. Basically do i have to buy this?:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Apple-Macboo...e_Touchpads&hash=item53ed6cc5ab#ht_895wt_1011

for in the future when i want to do cd operations or is there specifcal superdrive that works with retina only and is only available in us so far, cause i didnt find it in northern eu apple shops.thanks for any help

Second thing: Is it possible at all to install Lion to retina mpb or the new one only works with 10.8? This could be issue for me cause some music production apps are not yet fully comp with 10.8. Do i stop my search for lion then and wait when all these catch up? Kinda sad putting this beast on the shelf waiting.tnx in advance for cleaning up some questions!:confused:

2. flatfoot macrumors 65816

Yes, you can use another Mac's DVD drive over the network (WiFi or wired).

That auction is only for the enclosure of a slim DVD drive.
    For a complete external slim DVD burner have a look at these.
    Any slim USB DVD drive will work. You want a slim one because only for those the power delivered by the USB port is enough.

Yes, the rMBP works with Lion.