Retina video issues cropping up...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by majordude, Sep 17, 2012.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

The more I use my rMBP the more I see "issues".

I get letters disappearing when I type, only to reappear as I type more.

I get patches that drop out but come back when I refresh the screen.

I get images that "linger" when the screen is scrolled. See the attached image. The half ballon will float up and down as I scroll the screen.

Is this just me or is this a video card driver issue that is already known?

Attached Files:

2. nolegirl01 macrumors regular

hmm I'm getting that sometimes too....I thought it might be something with safari or something but firefox was giving me the issues too....this happened about 3-4 days ago but hasn't happened since so hopefully it won't come back...let us know if it gets worse or if you find out what's wrong!

3. ThomasNuffan macrumors newbie

ThomasNuffan

4. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Yep, I had the letters disappearing problem as well before I returned my last rMBP. It may be just a Safari/sofware issue, hopefully not hardware related but it can be.

5. marshy82 macrumors member

Just started getting this when I upgraded to 10.8.2 12c53, never had it before

6. NathanA macrumors 6502a

I have had a lot of these issues, too, on both 10.8.0 and 10.8.1. I discovered that the problems only seem to crop up when my computer is using the integrated graphics. If I start having these issues and then force it to discrete, then the issues completely disappear. And if I leave it on discrete indefinitely, then the problems never crop up.

I am forced to conclude that it is a driver problem for the integrated graphics.

-- Nathan

7. sensorian macrumors member

Me too.....

As a recent evacuee from Windows I'm used to these issues but I have noticed them on my RMBP. It might because I have noticed it that I'm looking harder but they seem to be occurring more frequently. Particularly prevalent when browsing but I have also had them in Logic which makes me think it's a graphics driver issue.......