Retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tech198, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Hi all

Taking into account of the New Retina and the MBA 13"I'm really re-considering about forgoing the Retina and in favour of the smaller 13' MBA.

Things I hate about the Retina is:- This sub-pixel rendering..... It may be fine on the iPad 3 I use all the time, but for some reason when the same is applied to a 15' display, its not too good, not to mention this "hybrid-app" while people scramble to update their app... *ick.. shocking*

For me, thinness is everything, and comparing the 13' MBA to the Retina, being the same 256Gig SSD, the only thing that different apart from display is no HDMI on the MBA and smaller screen.

So taking this into account, and of course the price....are people keeping their 13' MBA and NOT getting the Retina ? as far as I know, Apples clearly used the Retina for showing off how good photography is, but thats it.

2. leenak macrumors 68020

I would've loved to go with an MBA and if my needs were fairly simple, I would have. I think the MBA is a good computer for many people.

I wanted the quad processors and video card so my choices were between the rMBP and the regular MBP.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I would say a large factor is what you use the computer for. The MBP is quad core. If you're using it just for basic tasks and Web, then the Air is probably best for you.