RetinaPad causing immediate closes...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by NestOfRobins, Jul 29, 2011.

1. NestOfRobins macrumors member

Ever since I modified the settings to get the FB app working on my iPad2, I have been getting a large number of "immediate crashes". I have isolated the problem to RetinaPad. After removing RetinaPad, everything works (albeit w/o the advantages of RetinaPad.)

I tried reinstalling RP, but the same problem occurred.

It always happens w/ the same applications, e.g., CrashReporter (ironic, huh), FB and the Navigator application (from Star Alliance).

Help!

2. kingoddball macrumors newbie

Have you installed Winterboard??
    Uninstall it and it should work. :apple:

3. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Never trust winterboard lol

4. themyst macrumors 6502

The "cracked" version of retinapad will crash apps with winterboard installed, but the paid legitimate version works perfectly with winterboard.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The legitimate version of RetinaPad works perfectly fine with the free FaceForward tweak from Cydia if you simply can't wait for FB to release their app. Zero crashes on either the FB app or Crash Reporter. Either your edits are to blame, or you're not using the paid version of RetinaPad.

6. falstaffpac macrumors member

falstaffpac

Paid version of retinaboard, ipad heavily modded, winterboard installed and used. I dont think Ive ever had a crash.

7. sideswipe macrumors newbie

Paid version of retinapad working 100% with winter board and FB app here on iPad 2.