Retinapad crashes The Times app

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by shotts56, Mar 7, 2011.

1. shotts56 macrumors 6502

Hi all - I was wondering if anyone has come across this before.

I have both Retinapad and The Times ipad app (the UK one) and I love both. However whenever Retinapad is installed on my 4.2.1 jb iPad, The Times app either won't open or crashes as soon as you read a story.

If you uninstall Retinapad, The Times app suddenly works fine, but as soon as you install Retinapad again, The Times app dies once more.

I've tried doing a clean restore, Times app works fine; jailbreak with Greenpois0n, Times app works fine; install Retinapad, Times app dies. There is nothing in the settings which can do anything, and the dev hasn't replied to my emails to him. Such a pity, as i love both apps, but it does seem to be you can have one or the other installed, but not both.

Anyone any ideas?

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I can confirm this, same setup and the very same result. rpetrich, the author said in a tweet a while back that he won't be doing any more iPad tweaks as there are way too few buyers out there. Hence the lack of even a response from him

3. shotts56 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that WhatAmI.

That's a shame that he's just going to leave it as broken - if he's choosing to not support it only a short while after release (and not even bother replying to emails from customers), I'll think twice about buying any of his apps/tweaks in future and I would suggest others do the same.

Becoming more and more disillusioned with the jb scene.

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

It was anyone else but Ryan Petrich I would have agreed but the guy is a quality legend and I'm sure he'll budge at some point and provide an updated

5. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

I have my iPad jb with GreenPoison, 4.2.1, Times app & RetinaPad and everything works fine!

I would not have thought RetinaPad should affect the Times app because it's a native iPad app not an iPhone one?

I assume you have the latest version of GreenPoison? Don't know if this makes any difference or not but originally I had a tethered jailbreak using RedSnow which I then "upgraded" to untethered using GP.

6. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping he changes his mind in time. iPad 2 looks to be a big seller, so maybe numbers will pick up enough to warrant development.

7. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Yes, i have the same situation. No response from author either. Sad. Only "The Times" (UK) seems effected.

8. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Happy to report the recent update to RetinaPad (1.1.2) fixes the problem with The Times app. Awesome!