RetinaPad discontinued?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by NoStopN, Dec 27, 2011.

1. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

I decided to upgrade to iOS 5.0 when it was released. After jail breaking my iPad 1 today, I find that RetinaPad (& even FullForce) are showing as "cannot locate package". I added the repository that it had been in previously. Did Ryan stop updating it (won't work with 5.0 & up) or did he pull it? And, if those apps aren't available, does anyone else know of an app that performed a similar function?

2. Mmarzex macrumors member

All the repo servers are being overloaded with requests so you need to keep trying to refresh your source lists to try and get a ping back from the repos. It took me about 2 hours before I finally got all the hits on repos to install what I needed.

3. NoStopN thread starter macrumors 6502

NoStopN

I keep getting that error message saying that it couldn't get all files. While I figured that was the reason that I wasn't seeing the packages, I figured many people were already JB tethered & had the apps & repos that they needed. I figured that they would only need to run redsn0w in order to untether.

4. bwrairen macrumors 6502

There are tons of people that were waiting on the the untethered jb. The major sources will be bombarded for a couple days. You can probably find the .deb file online and ssh it to your iPad for install.