Retinapad help

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by browerjs, Jul 6, 2011.

1. browerjs macrumors member

I just jailbroke my ipad2 and downloaded retinapad... When i launched my first iphone app and it asked me if i wanted to enable retina, i clicked cancel (because i wanted to see what the app looked like before applying retinapad). Now i can't get it to enable no matter what i do. I've uninstalled/reinstalled retinapad and the iphone app to no avail. Is there anything i can do to get it to work.

2. jailbreakFiend macrumors member

Have you checked under settings? There might be options in there to switch it back.

3. browerjs thread starter macrumors member

Ahhh... Thats it... I was just looking in the cydia settings... Didnt realize it showed up in the regular settings.... thanks!!!

4. jailbreakFiend macrumors member

haha no problem!

5. darkside flow macrumors 6502

I get what retina pad is supposed to do, but I don't really find it improves resolution in any apps.

6. 66775 macrumors member

Let's just say that it varies according to the app.

But I use apps like "Dans ton Chat" (French application) and it works magically. Even the iphone version of Skype shows improvement (not talking about video quality here, but app design).

Most of the iphone-based apps that I use on my iPad are in my native language so it won't mean much to you, but it really works. Or maybe it only & truly works on french applications? arfff... :)

7. amiga2000 macrumors newbie

I happily paid my $2.99 for retinapad and can say this was one of the best purchases I have made for the ipad! The change in resolution on all of my iphone apps is like the difference between night and day.

8. iPhone 6 macrumors member

Can we Skype so you can teach me French? I've taken 4 years of French in school but there's no better way to learn than to talk to someone who speaks it as their natural tongue.

9. Mimoawi macrumors member

Mine doesnt work at all. I mean it doesnt notify me when i start the app and it doesnt have any effect when i enable the app from settings screen. Also removed winterboard and no luck.

10. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

11. iRockz macrumors newbie

The only reason I bought this app was for street fighter 4, but with retinapad, I don't see any improvements. Still looks pixelated after retinapad.

12. ~Ks383~, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011

~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Maybe it is not designed for the iphone 4 retina display. That would be sort of odd though since it is a newer game, i think.

Also:

I posted this on the other retinapad thread but I think it applies here as well.

I read here (posts #17-#30) that it only does not work with winterboard if you have the pirated version of retinapad.

13. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Hmm, I only used the version I downloaded from xsellize and didn't bother testing after I bought it before going to sleep (I download from xsellize if a trial isn't offered a la mywi, lockinfo, and bitesms). I'll post again to report if it works with the paid version.

14. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I can confirm that the paid version doesnt crash with winter board. However, apps still dont look too great at 2x. Not too sure what else needs to be done.

15. xraytech, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

xraytech macrumors 68020

It's App dependent but there is a difference.

Here are a set of screen captures of the Instagram App.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And another set of captures. Look at the difference in the thumbnails.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jesterscourt macrumors regular

@xraytech, thanks for sharing that was a far more convincing example of the difference compared to the couple youtube videos that i have seen (which are compressed to begin with)

17. xraytech, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

xraytech macrumors 68020

It's dependent on the iPhone apps that you use. Specifically iPhone Apps that are Optimized for the iPhone 4 Screen and unfortunately Street Fighter 4 is not.

18. Vision5676 macrumors newbie

retinapad

mine doesnt work at all. My app's open and close, when i disable retinapad they work fine.