iPad RetinaPad help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Candurin, May 25, 2012.

1. Candurin macrumors regular

Trying to install RetinaPad on my iPad 3 but it states that it can only be installed on an iPad??? How do I get cydia to recognize that I am using an iPad?

Thanks!

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

I don't think it works on the iPad 3 yet, only iPad 2. The paid version always ask for me recheck.

3. TheRazz macrumors newbie

RetinaPad is not compatible with the new iPad yet. If you manage to get it to install, it messes up a lot of settings on your iPad and you are forced to restore.

4. Candurin thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for it to get sorted out!

5. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

6. jamesu1 macrumors newbie

hi guys,

i really need some help please! i installed retina pad on my ipad 3 , then realising there was a warning not to install, by then it was too late as i installed to quickly without realising. Now my ipad 3 doesnt function properly, settings is screwed and takes along time to access settings and some user interfaces on the ipad dont appear correctly and overall now my ipad lags a bit. I tried restoring to the latest firmware in itunes (newest version too) but doesnt work!! so at the moment ive got an unrestorable, sort of unusable ipad 3, even though can use it some what but not fully, can anyone help please, thanks, bye!

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

Restoring should have fixed this issue. When it restored, did you set up as new or choose backup?

8. jamesu1 macrumors newbie

hi yeh thanks for reply, erm i dont want to restore from backup as i dont care about my ipad contents, i just want to restore it to factory settings so i can jailbreak it again(btw its jailbroken already). but itunes wont let me restore my jailbroken ipad to unjailbroken even on the newest firmware? basically i have a disfunctional jailbroken ipad 3, and want to restore to an unjailbroken ipad but tried several times and cant though itunes on newest firmware, still need help guys please!!

----------

also putting my ipad in recovery mode i try to restore with lastest firmware i get an error code after verify with apple? then i try in recovery mode again to restore with previous firmware 5.1 but stil comes up with error not restoring? but weird thing is it just reboots back up into its current state? i think i have bodged up my ipad big time technically my ipad isnt bricked is it ? as can stil use just cant restore its so annoying dont know what to do?

9. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Retinapad just makes iPhone apps use their retina assets. The iPad 3 already does this by default, and retinapad is completely useless on it.

10. jamesu1 macrumors newbie

hi yer my ipad 3 installing retinpad (before seeing the dont install warning) has made my ipad 3 itself useless , let alone the app/tweak :(. installing this has made my ipad disfuctional and unable to restore it back! what can i do for that?

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

We just about to say this...

12. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Retina pad is useless on the iPad 3. The new iPad by default uses the retina resolutions if they are available, which is all RetinaPad enables for other devices.

----------

That's what you get for pirating! Had you legitimately payed for it, it would not hae allowed you to download it.

13. PrayForDeath macrumors 6502

What kind of error at you getting from iTunes?

14. xraytech, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012

xraytech macrumors 68020

No need to wait, your iPad 3 automatically upscales the resolution of iPhone Apps, provided that the developers of those apps have them Retina Screen Ready.

15. jamesu1 macrumors newbie

hi,

yer when i go to restore the ipad it extracts software, then verifys with apple , then for a few secons says 'preparing the ipad for restore' after few seconds stops and comes up with errro message ' the ipad could not be restored, unknown errro occured (12).' ?

16. jamesu1 macrumors newbie

hey,

sorry in my last reply theres a couple of typos errro is error. so erm yeah the error code (12), i discovered on itunes help website that this error occurs due to some conflict with third party security software whatever that means? unless someone had any other ideas i might try using my laptop and to restore hope it works. keep ideas coming though please on what i could do, thanks, bye.

17. jamesu1 macrumors newbie

hey,

good news, i did what i said about trying to restore on my laptop and it worked!! so i restored t factory setting then rejailbroke my ipad 3! this time im not going to install retinapad, not making that mistake again, glad everything is ok now, thanks everyone who tried to help, bye!!

James.

18. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Any word on when this will be updated for the iPad 3?

19. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Read post #9 above.

20. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Really. I find iPhone apps still don't look good on it.

21. bobright macrumors 601

Yea agreed they look really awful I guess it's like trying to play SD content on a HDTV or something like that..

22. tim91 macrumors newbie

ipad 2

Hey so i own an ipad 2 and installed retinaPad and pressed respring but after i did it still didnt show the iphone apps as hd when increased. Is there anything else i have to do?

23. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

1, are you sure those iPhone apps were indeed Retina-ready?

2, did you select "OK" when RetinaPad asked whether it should run the given app in tweaked mode?

24. number84 macrumors 6502

You also need to clear the app from the "background". Double-click on home button to bring up background apps and delete the ones you want RetinaPad to work on.