Retinasizer screwed up my resolution? Help please?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Caturday Yet?, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Caturday Yet? macrumors newbie

I think it was Retinasizer, as it was the last thing I downloaded from Cydia. The problem is, when I slide to unlock and go to the home screen, nothing is wrong. However, when I try to load up any app, even the stock Apple ones, it displays in the top left corner of the screen. See the link attached for an example of what it looks like (it began acting like this after I rebooted after updating Retinasizer).

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/731232-apps-running-half-resolution-iphone-4-a.html

Please help? The only input I can give the phone (aside from any buttons in the top left corner) is through voice control, which lets me make calls/control my iPod and that's it.

Is a restore the only way I can fix this?

2. strodda macrumors regular

hopefully you have sbsettings installed. if not, you might be SOL.

boot the phone in safe mode, and then open cydia. then uninstall the apps that caused the problem.

any chance you installed simple background recently?

3. Caturday Yet? thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have SBSettings installed.

How do I boot into safe mode? I feel like an idiot...

Yes... How'd you know/does that affect it?

4. Caturday Yet? thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone? I'm kind of stuck without being able to use my phone...

Goes to show how much I rely on it :eek:

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I assume the solution, removing SimpleBackground, from the modmyi link didn't work for you?

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Open SBSettings by sweeping across the status bar. (You haven't said if you are able to do this.) Touch the power button. A number of options should pop up, one includes booting into Safe Mode. Figured this out myself with a search on Google--second link I clicked. Hopefully that will do it.

The reason the other poster asked about Simple Background is because it was the culprit in the thread you yourself linked.

7. Caturday Yet? thread starter macrumors newbie

I uninstalled Retinasizer but kept Simple Background (to see which it was), and now it's back to normal. It might be that it really is Simple Background, and I'll have to boot into Safe Mode again in a day or two.

Anyways, thank you so much for the help!

8. strodda macrumors regular

simple background might be ok, by itself.

i installed it, while having vwallpapers as well... that caused the issue for me. vwallpapers > simplebackground.