Retrieve pictures from stolen iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Josie0074, May 8, 2012.

1. Josie0074 macrumors newbie

hi there. I have made a big mistake in not downloading all my pictures and videos from my iPhone... My phone was stolen this weekend on a weekend away. I have tried the find my iPhone app but it can't locate it. I reached my 5gb limit on iCloud and ignored the message every time I charged my iPhone saying it couldn't back up because of limit. The last back up was about a month ago although looking on my synced iPad the photo stream has some pictures more recent than that so I don't actually know how iCloud works fully.

Anyway, the question is- is there any way at all to retrieve photos from iCloud or my phone remotely if they are not on my iPad already in photo stream? I have an iMac but it's an older model with snow leapord and iPhoto that doesn't have photo stream.

I would be grateful for an suggestions or just to put me out of my misery and be told its not going to happen. I am particularly upset about some recent pics of my little girl and will be gutted not to retrieve them somehow. I have now added extra iCloud memory and have tried manually doing a back up but of course as I think my iPhone is not turned on it won't back up.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
    Josie

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, only if you somehow get the phone back and its not wiped.

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Not sure how far off base I am, but I believe iCloud back up is separate than Photo Stream.
    Do you have Photo Stream turned on and setup locally?

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

PhotoStream will hold the most recent 1000 photos (assuming you had access to wifi, they will upload each time you plug in to charge... And assuming you had it turned on), so you should be able to launch iPhoto on your computer and get most of those back. But I do not believe it does the same for video.

Your contacts, calendar and such, presuming you use iCloud, should still be synced. Your other data (application data, saved games, etc.) are probably lost, or at least partly lost.

Tough lesson though - don't neglect your backups.

5. dromiliy macrumors newbie

I've lost my iPhone 4s and all my friends suggest me to get an iPhone 6. Errrrr, what I want is to get back my photos stored in it.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Unless you had a recent backup or icloud photo enabled then you will not be able to get anything back from the lost phone.
    Learn from this situation and next time either back it up often to your local computer or enable icloud to store and save your stuff.