Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

groundeddreams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
UK
I have setup my iphone4 through the Exchange Account setting, to collect my gmail messages.
All works fine for sending/receiving emails except for the amount of mails shows in the folders.
Does not matter which folder I check, it will only show emails that I have in that folder that were received within the last few days.
So for example, if I log into gmail normally on a PC it will show 50 emails in my inbox, with 2 within the last two days. If I login on my iphone it will ONLY show the 2 emails received in the last 2 days,
This has always been the case, and I have tried recreating the exchange account and also changed the settings to show "200 Recent messages" but nothing changes.
I have got a friend to check on his iphone and get the exact same result.

Anyone know how to expand the viewable emails to show everything, when I go into the Inbox or any other Folders?

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
I don't have this issue.

I only have my gmail account linked to my iPhone's Mail program and I display generally 25-30 of the most recent emails...with the oldest curretly from last Wednesday (today is Tuesday).

I also have a Load More Messages link on the bottom and it lists that I have 4038 messages total. Pressing this gets me an additional 25-30 more messages.

I have a 3G...maybe that's the difference? I am running iOS 4.2.

EDIT: Is 'Exchange" different than just setting it up through the iPhone's Mail App? I did it thorugh the App with no issues at all.

Last edited:

poisonvenom

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2010
done this!

go to: SETTINGS, then, MAIL,CONTACTS,CALENDARS, then choose your Gmail Exchange account, then MAIL DAYS TO SYNC, and set to NO LIMIT! done... all emails downloaded!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.