Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wibbles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
I got my GF a 2G iPod Touch for her birthday during the summer and all was going well with it until she tried to update the firmware (which she did fine before) and now it's stuck in a recovery loop.

I tried to restore it which didn't work, neither did putting in in DFU mode or trying to reinstall an earlier firmware. It's not jailbroken and still in warranty so I'm not bothered about it and am just going to bring it back.

Anyway, she is concerned about her data on it. She doesn't want to retrieve it just to make sure it's truly gone which actually makes me want to find out what it was. When trying to restore it I clicked OK when it said about all data being lost and after a while in the update it kept getting stuck, so I assume the data is gone. Anybody know any different?

Cheers.

RabbidAssassin

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
Sac, CA
I would take it down to a apple store if you have one around you. They more then likely be able to make sure the data is gone, and update the software for you.

But yes I would wanna know what is on it as well if she is acting like that LMAO. But yes if you do not have an apple store near your then try calling the support services line and see if they know what is going on.

Hope something works :apple:
:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.