Retrieving music part II!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chester1066, Jun 26, 2013.

1. chester1066 macrumors newbie

Hi i had some valuable help from a user on here which got me as far as buying an enclosure and managing to access the hard drive on my dead, water damaged macbook, by connecting to my PC laptop. I've managed to find my music files - which will play on my latptop using whatever windows 8 uses to play music. But i want to get that music onto iTunes and onto my iPod....any ideas how I go about doing that? Bar burning it onto discs?

Thanks all

2. simsaladimbamba

As your iPod has probably been first connected to a Mac after purchase, it will be formatted for Macs, unless you have an iPod that has no HDD but flash storage inside.

What happens if you connect your iPod to the Windows PC and open iTunes? Is it recognised? If so, just drag the music via Explorer onto the iTunes iPod section.

3. chester1066, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013

chester1066 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its worked!!! thank you so much!!! wow im smiling A LOT!!!

....OKAY i WAS smiling, but now ive disconnected the Mac hard drive from my PC and connected my ipod ready to transfer music, it cannot recognise it. It says that they cannot be found....

any ideas - I copied and pasted as suggested and they seemed to be added to my iTunes fine.

4. simsaladimbamba

So you dragged them onto iTunes and not the iPod visible in iTunes I presume.
    Check your iTunes Preferences if adding music to iTunes means copying the music to a local folder or not.

5. chester1066 thread starter macrumors newbie

simsaladimbamba- i somehow figured it out! Its now all on my itunes and my ipod, thank you so very much for your help, which without I'd not been able to do this!!

:)