iPod touch Retrieving pre-jailbreak info

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Greatchiller, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Greatchiller, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

Greatchiller macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've been using an iphone happily for the past few years. Recently, I moved to China and wanted to continue using my phone. Because I kept up with the most recent updates, I was told upon arriving that it could not be unlocked.
    I know there were some ways around it, but I'm not tech-savvy enough to do it myself, nor am I fluent enough in the language to communicate what I wanted. So I've just been using my phone as an ipod touch the last couple months.
    Today I was getting the camera repaired at a small shop, and the technician told me he could unlock it for an extra fee.
    Long story short, they downgraded my phone and unlocked it, which I am super happy about. However, I completely forgot until my way home that I had a fairly important Voice Memo on there that was erased when they jailbroke my phone. It's not a life-or-death matter, but it's a file I would like to have (A conversation with my parents back in the US)
    Here's my question: I still have the backup data from before I had the phone jailbroken and downgraded. Is there anyway I can extract that single file from the backup data on my computer? OR Can I restore my phone from that backup file, get the voice memo, and then restore again from the backup where it was jailbroken? Does that even work? It was a fairly hefty fee to unlock the phone and I'd rather not pay it again if possible, but I've never had to jailbreak anything before so I don't know how it works, or it trying to restore my phone after jailbreaking it would cause problems.
    Any advice? Thanks!

2. Greatchiller, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

Greatchiller thread starter macrumors newbie

I had searched myself on google for a while, but it seems that specifically voice memos are not very popular things to extract, so I couldn't find any specific info for that. I didn't see the iclarified link, though, so I'll see if that works out. Thanks!

Edit: That did it. No hassles at all. THANK YOU!