Retrieving safari keychain password

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by jtdesign, Nov 20, 2013.

1. jtdesign macrumors newbie

So I am having an issue with ebay, i used the same password with my old papa johns acct, also so heres the issue...I no longer have access to the email account connected to my ebay account, i owe literally 6$ and they will not accept any form of payment until i log in and fix the issue. The password is not saved, and since i can't get onto the email anymore I'm kinda stuck in a spot, or so i thought. The password I need is saved on my papa johns account which i found in my keychain but...only way to see the password IS TO KNOW IT so I'm still stuck. is their any possible way to get the password off of my keychain so i can use it elsewhere? I have seen some tricks using terminal but could that be use in this case or is their some type of software or tricks that can be used? I am sorry if this sounds confusing, sorry been dealing with incompetent people all day and night with ebay support and I'm just beyond frustrated with the whole situation at this point. please help.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Go into Safari's Preferences and delete any account you want to change. Also check /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access and delete any older saved account.

See if this helps.

3. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Safari | Preferences | Passwords

Tick the checkbox that says "Show passwords for selected websites".

Enter your Mavericks login password when asked to do so (not the site's password).

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Open Keychain app in /Applications/Utilities and scroll down to the Papa Johns entry. Then double click on it and enter your Mavericks login password. That will open the keychain entry for Papa Jones so you can see the saved password.