Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Another week, another Apple Arcade release. The latest addition is Charrua Soccer, which aims to evoke nostalgia with its retro style 3D graphics. The game is available for the iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.

charrua-soccer.jpg

Developed by Batovi Games, Charrua Soccer offers both single-player and multiplayer modes, with simplified controls for casual players. There are both friendly match and penalty match modes, in addition to various competitions and tournaments, such as the Global Cup, American Cup, European Cup, and Women's Global Cup.

Charrua Soccer is available on the App Store with an Apple Arcade subscription. The subscription-based service launched in September, providing iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac users with access to over 100 games with no in-app purchases or ads for $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year in the United States.

Other recent additions to Apple Arcade include Secret Oops! and Butter Royale.

Article Link: Retro-Inspired 'Charrua Soccer' is This Week's Addition to Apple Arcade

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2009
Wonder if this is better than sociable soccer. I had fun for a couple weeks with sociable soccer. I’ve shifted to ballistic baseball for my sports game fix though.

grad

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
Everyone knows that Nintendo World Cup for the original NES was the best soccer game!

No, it wasn't. Anyway, people from USA should not be entitled to an opinion regarding football in computer/video games. Also, people that haven't lived in the 80s or 70s should not be quick to describe something as retro and classic.

??

Reactions: coldsweat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.