Retro Screensaver not working properly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rainmanbk, Nov 11, 2007.

1. rainmanbk macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

I added the Retro screensaver to my /Library/Screen Savers folder, and it appears in System Preferences. If I select it and click test, it works properly. However, when I actually invoke the screen saver through a shortcut, like corner of the screen, it just shows black, with a little bit of static. It's as if it isn't first taking a desktop snapshot before it shows the effect. Anyone else having this problem? or how can I fix it?

2. dieselpower macrumors newbie

same problem

I too have the exact same problem. Mine was working the first few times I tried it but now it appears that it is taking a screenshot of the black screen just before the screensaver starts, as you put the mouse into the corner. I have tried editing the screensaver in Quartz Composer but I'm confused as to exactly how you...edit it lol. I'm trying to figure it out but in the meantime if someone has a quick fix or is able to stop the screen from going black before screensaver starts, please let us know!!

Cheers,
    Scott.

3. threedaysatsea macrumors newbie

You know, I hate to be a big fuddy duddy and all, but let me remind both of you that the screensaver *was* pulled from production builds. You know, kind of like, maybe it wasn't ready for general release?

Just my .02.