Retro White iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kizersoze83, Jul 31, 2010.

1. kizersoze83 macrumors member

I am one of the crazies that waited for a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGG time hoping to get the white iPhone 4. After Apple's latest delay I was fed up enough that I went out and bought a black one that day. I was inspired by an article I saw online...

http://www.macstories.net/iphone/gelaskins-iphone-4-mod-is-white-retro-and-beautiful/

I spent some time and made my own iPhone Gelaskin that I think turned out pretty well. What do you think? If anyone wants the file I can send it to them to tweak

Attached Files:

2. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

3. Lostsol macrumors regular

I'm not interested in white but I love the retro apple logo. I ordered a set on eBay a couple days ago. Coming from china so it will take a while but I'm gonna just put it on the black back. I do like your look though. Good job.

How dud you get that chrome around the camera lens and flash? Is that part of the skin?

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'd love the file! I've been trying to remember where it was that I saw that idea a few weeks ago with no success; I'd love to do this to my phone.

5. kizersoze83 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I left the front black, but the gelaskins do come with white front stickers as well

Here it is...if you can't make this work just pm me your email and I will send it to you! Also check out this link. I found it after I made mine, but it seems that the bottom lettering might be better qualityhttp://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/fsm-white-iphone-4-skin-template

Actually that is just my griffin reveal case I got from BB

Attached Files:

6. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Anything higher res? Like the Leica one another member posted?

7. kizersoze83 thread starter macrumors member

I just took the pic with my girlfriends iP4. I can send you the file if you want to use it

8. david.celica macrumors newbie

9. Schweitzer macrumors regular

The logo looks like it should be moved a little bit to the right.

10. kizersoze83 thread starter macrumors member

That's what my girlfriend said, but it is perfectly centered. I don't know if it's because the chunk out of the apple??:apple:

11. david.celica macrumors newbie

how did u do this? did u print it out basicly and put in it behind the case?

12. Schweitzer macrumors regular

Yes,might be because of that, also maybe because of the camera lens.

You have to take "optical illusions" like that into account if you want it to look "correct".

13. kizersoze83 thread starter macrumors member

If you go to gelaskins.com you can upload your own photos and make your own skin. It's basically a thin sticker

14. david.celica macrumors newbie

15. r&s macrumors newbie

would be even better if you used the old Apple Garamond font for the "iPhone" text, a la this:

[​IMG]

16. bstraightpimpin macrumors newbie

?

you FOUND a black one that day? Same thing happened to me. I ordered it and am still waiting 5 days later :mad:

17. cfernandes macrumors regular

cfernandes

Gelaskins DIY isnt letting me upload my own photo :confused:

18. kizersoze83 thread starter macrumors member

I called the local Apple store and got on their waiting list, 2 best buys and 2 radioshacks. One radioshack got a shipment that day and I was #2 on the list so it worked out pretty well. Actually my reservation at the Apple store would have been filled 2 days later anyways (I got an email saying they had my phone). I really lucked out

Yeah, I figured it might look gay, but I also figured anyone that knows anything about apple would get it....obviously you aren't one of those people

19. iPhoner99 macrumors newbie

Cool!
    What about the front? Is it also white?

20. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I meant the actual picture that you're putting behind the Griffin Case. I'll try and play around with one here and see if I can recreate it.

21. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

22. Octane19 macrumors member

I think it looks tight. It sucks that everything rainbow is associated with gay now :rolleyes: I would rock it. I am using this as my lock screen.

[​IMG]

My wife saw it and said "isn't that a little gay". WTF

23. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Man that is awesome! I don't think I could deal with the white back and black front though. And the six color logo is great, can I get any stickers with just the six color logo?

24. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

actually now that i look at it, the 'iPhone' text at the bottom looks a bit over the right side too much, but hardly anything.

also, are you the same guy from AV forums? :D