Retro White iPhone 4

kizersoze83

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Denver, CO
I am one of the crazies that waited for a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGG time hoping to get the white iPhone 4. After Apple's latest delay I was fed up enough that I went out and bought a black one that day. I was inspired by an article I saw online...

http://www.macstories.net/iphone/gelaskins-iphone-4-mod-is-white-retro-and-beautiful/

I spent some time and made my own iPhone Gelaskin that I think turned out pretty well. What do you think? If anyone wants the file I can send it to them to tweak

Attachments

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
I'm not interested in white but I love the retro apple logo. I ordered a set on eBay a couple days ago. Coming from china so it will take a while but I'm gonna just put it on the black back. I do like your look though. Good job.

How dud you get that chrome around the camera lens and flash? Is that part of the skin?

kizersoze83

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Denver, CO
You put white on the front?
Thanks, I left the front black, but the gelaskins do come with white front stickers as well

Here it is...if you can't make this work just pm me your email and I will send it to you! Also check out this link. I found it after I made mine, but it seems that the bottom lettering might be better qualityhttp://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/fsm-white-iphone-4-skin-template

How dud you get that chrome around the camera lens and flash? Is that part of the skin?
Actually that is just my griffin reveal case I got from BB

Attachments

Schweitzer

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
That's what my girlfriend said, but it is perfectly centered. I don't know if it's because the chunk out of the apple??:apple:
Yes,might be because of that, also maybe because of the camera lens.

You have to take "optical illusions" like that into account if you want it to look "correct".

r&s

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
would be even better if you used the old Apple Garamond font for the "iPhone" text, a la this:

kizersoze83

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Denver, CO
you FOUND a black one that day? Same thing happened to me. I ordered it and am still waiting 5 days later :mad:
I called the local Apple store and got on their waiting list, 2 best buys and 2 radioshacks. One radioshack got a shipment that day and I was #2 on the list so it worked out pretty well. Actually my reservation at the Apple store would have been filled 2 days later anyways (I got an email saying they had my phone). I really lucked out

Nice rainbow.
:rolleyes:
Yeah, I figured it might look gay, but I also figured anyone that knows anything about apple would get it....obviously you aren't one of those people

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
I just took the pic with my girlfriends iP4. I can send you the file if you want to use it
I meant the actual picture that you're putting behind the Griffin Case. I'll try and play around with one here and see if I can recreate it.

Octane19

macrumors member
May 3, 2009
Yeah, I figured it might look gay, but I also figured anyone that knows anything about apple would get it....obviously you aren't one of those people
I think it looks tight. It sucks that everything rainbow is associated with gay now :rolleyes: I would rock it. I am using this as my lock screen.

My wife saw it and said "isn't that a little gay". WTF

OGDaniel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
Arizona
Man that is awesome! I don't think I could deal with the white back and black front though. And the six color logo is great, can I get any stickers with just the six color logo?

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
That's what my girlfriend said, but it is perfectly centered. I don't know if it's because the chunk out of the apple??:apple:
actually now that i look at it, the 'iPhone' text at the bottom looks a bit over the right side too much, but hardly anything.

also, are you the same guy from AV forums? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.