Retrogaming controllers and Snes9x

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Emkooda, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Emkooda macrumors newbie

Dear Consolers,

I have recently acquired two USB Super RetroPorts from Retrozone for use with Snes9x. I have also purchased USB Overdrive X in an attempt to get Snes9x to recognise said controllers. All to no avail!

I have scoured the web and these forums and am still unable to get it all working. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

Emkooda.

2. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Have you tried configuring it through the joypad menu? If you don't configure the buttons, it won't know what's what on the controller. SNES9X probably detects it; you just haven't configured it yet.

I never used USB Overdrive X when I used a joypad. Just plugged it right in and configured it in the joypad menu. Works like a dream.

3. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Different question here:

Have you or has anyone tried the adapter they sell to allow the original 8-bit NES controllers to work with the Wii? I would love to be able to plug one of those in to play some virtual console games.

Thanks!

4. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Don't you think you're changing the subject of the thread here? :p

Anyway, not sure I haven't tried it yet. You might want to use google to find your answer. :rolleyes: Google is your best friend. Just search, Wii NES adapter + forum. That way, you can find a forum that maybe someone has already discussed this.;)

5. Emkooda thread starter macrumors newbie

>>Have you tried configuring it through the joypad menu? If you don't configure the buttons, it won't know what's what on the controller. SNES9X probably detects it; you just haven't configured it yet.

I never used USB Overdrive X when I used a joypad. Just plugged it right in and configured it in the joypad menu. Works like a dream.<<

I have tried uninstalling Overdrive X and configuring the controller in Snes9x but for some reason, although it allows me to configure the controller, the controller does not respond when I enter a game.

Very odd. Any other suggestions?

6. Emkooda thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks JackAxe ~ I've had a look at that thread and the solution they suggest - uninstalling Overdrive - doesn't appear to be working for me. But cheers very much for the recommendation.