Retropard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by irishgrizzly, Aug 13, 2007.

1. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Do you think it will it be possible to put 10.5 in my granddads G3 iMac? It's a "Snow" 700 MHz with 1gig of ram.

2. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

We will know when the minimum system requirements are released.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It will most likely not be officially supported, but you will still probably be able to hack it to get it to run people have gotten every other version running on officially unsuported hardware, I don't think that it would be worth it though, the CPU is too slow, to run it well and the graphics card would not be able to handle any of the effects.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

from wikipedia
    of course, can't be sure until end.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmm, so far, there hasn't been any evidence that Leopard is faster with sufficient RAM than Tiger, but there's also no evidence I'm aware of that it's *slower*. I'd expect the final optimized version to follow the typical pattern, meaning that, outside of some of the fancier features, general use of your same applications you're using today will feel as fast or faster on top of Leopard, although the memory footprint will increase.

6. Angrist macrumors 6502

Hmmmm ...
    800MHz G4

That might be enough to prompt me to finally get one of those sweet Dual 1.8GHz 7448 upgrade chips.