Retuna mbp? stupid now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MilleDav01, Jul 12, 2013.

1. MilleDav01 macrumors member

instead of giving me an Apple Gift Card, I received a 300 dollar Best Buy gift card for my birthday.I just sold my MacBook Air for $1000 and was going to use that plus Apple Gift cards to get a new air or a new Retina MacBook Pro. but, since I only received about gift card, I'm not sure what I should do. they have the 13 inch retina MacBook Pro on sale and I also have a coupon 4 $100 offso it brings the retina MacBook Pro down to about 1319 and if I can get them to price match apples educational pricing it would make it around 12 99 with the coupon.

My other option is to get a stock 13 inch MacBook Air but I really want a gigabytes of memory that's why I'm leaning towards the right to MacBook Pro.

What do you guys think I should do? I don't have a computer anymore so I wanted one as soon as possible.

I would sell the Best Buy gift card but I would lose about 50 dollars. any advice?:apple:

2. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

Since you just sold your Air, and you won't consider upgrading beyond the base model for a new Air, just go ahead and get the MBP.

Also, there's something fishy about your headline...

3. redsoxaa macrumors member

You don't need to get them to price match. Best Buy offers education pricing on Macs. Also, ask if they have any open box items. You can inspect it yourself and save even more money if they have any.

4. MilleDav01 thread starter macrumors member

if I were to get the mac book air I would order it with 8 gigabytes of memorybecause that is what my old one had and it ran flawlessly. I would have rather have sold it and paid a couple hundred dollars to get a new one vs paying for AppleCare. Really like the mac book pro with retina display. but don't want to upgrade if its a bad idea vs getting the new MacBook Air with haswell.

I am a kind of person that's more than willing to sell his computer yearly and don't want the MacBook Pro with Retina to be about investment for resale next July.

I know I didn't recuperate all of my money from selling my previous MacBook Air

It mainly comes down to me needing to quit processing power because I do not like to wait for things. I'm on YouTube a lot so I need a computer that is powerful enough to load videos quickly in Java and html5. so if you have any suggestions please let me know thank you

5. David G. macrumors 65816

How speedy is your internet? If your youtube is lacking, it's probably not the computer. Upgrade your internet.

6. MilleDav01 thread starter macrumors member

7. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

THIS will give you a decent YouTube experience. Consider upgrading it a bit though.