Retuned my iPad2 tonight for replacement iPad2 #3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JWSandi, Jun 22, 2012.

1. JWSandi macrumors regular

Finally made it to the Apple Store tonight with my second broken/corrupted iPad2...

They replaced it with iPad2 #3...

I was experiencing all kinds of random crashes, error and whatnot... I restored it multiple times etc, to no avail... they just kept getting worse and more frequent.

Then my iPad began freaking out two days ago so I grabbed my iPhone and recorded 3 minutes of video of my iPad just randomly launching, closing, relaunching, crashing, launching app after app, after browser, after app after browser... If it wasn't so tragic it'd almost be comical...

It was as if my iPad was possessed... all you had to do was touch the screen and it would explode into a flurry of apps, browsers and settings menus all opening and closing so rapidly they began to blur together... it continued until it crashed.

Where it would then reset and repeat the same behavior over again...

I showed the video of this behavior to the Genius Bar guy and he was shocked and actually called over two more employees to view it... they too were all astonished, said they'd never seen anything like that.

They took the iPad, ran some diagnostics on it and quickly retrieved a replacement unit.

So here I sit with iPad2 unit #3... hopefully this one will serve me well as they are awesome... when they work. :eek:

I'm upset over Apples QC, but I give the guys and gals at the Apple Store Genius Bar a sold A+, for if it were not for them, I'd of given up weeks ago...

Here are the threads regarding my experiences with my iPad2's

First one that died completely. Its replacement displayed al kinds of bizarre behavior and was completely unusable...

My iPad died: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1384478

My problems with the replacement iPad2: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1390188

2. tl01 macrumors 65816

Sorry you have had so many problems... But the problems you are having don't seem widespread. We have owned three iPad 2's at just my house and haven't had problems with any of them. Two were new and one a refurb.

3. JWSandi thread starter macrumors regular

Here's to third time being the charm! :) :apple:

4. Roy G Biv macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

That's really bizarre. To be fair to Apple, this may have nothing to do with their QC. God may just hate you.

5. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

May be worth also thinking about where you take your iPad and how you store it. I've had three iPads and none of them have ever done anything remotely this bizarre. Are you perhaps leaving the iPads in the car on a hot summer day? Have they been dropped repeatedly?

6. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

Aple have nothing to do with their qc? Well that's reassuring....

7. JWSandi thread starter macrumors regular

My iPad never leaves my apartment, never dropped any of them... I didn't have either one long enough to put any wear and tear on them either...

8. Roy G Biv macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

The odds of having such rotten luck with back-to-back iPads defies likelihood. Divine intervention seems more likely.

9. JWSandi thread starter macrumors regular

If only wishing made it so.... :rolleyes:

10. TinyBFK macrumors member

Lol.

Never had a problem with our new one or our refurb.