Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
I have browsed various treads about this topic, one that said "I first got the 6+ and it was too big so I took it back and got the 6, well I missed the size of the 6+ so I took the 6 back and got the 6+ again".

Me, I got the 6 and like it but wish I would have opted for the 64 gb memory instead of the 16. I wanted to do just that but this cute sales chick talked me into the 16 and even a $50 accessory pack which I knew was a rip.
Anyways I thought screw this, so I went back there a week later and she told me:
* There would be a $30 restocking fee
* I would have to leave my 16 there and wait for the 64, which might take a week or 2 or 3

Is this really the case ? Sprint btw.
I'm not confident in her opinion at all, she also said "oh, you don't need more memory, theres an app you can use that increases the memory 50gb".
I told her I wasn't really interested in cloud type storage I wanted physical memory, but she kept insisting with a straight face that this program increases the physical memory and offered to install it for me.
I asked what it was and she said dropbox, do you want me to put it on your phone ? I said thanks, I can do that myself if I wanted to.

So do they all charge restocking fees and swipe your phone with no replacement or is this chick pulling my leg ? I am still under 15 days, barely though.

Gryfter

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
if you bought the phone through a carrier, there is a restocking fee...

Apple stores don't charge a restocking fee on returns within 14 days...

imnjs

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
I swear cell phone reps are turning into car salesmen.

Restocking fee is normal. They can't resell that phone as brand new ever again and it will be thrown in the pile as a certified refurb.

Make sure you make up your mind. I think with Sprint you only get one exchange.

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Yep, I gazed into her eyes and she probably could have sold me a brick.
I was flirting, she was flitting her hair and biting her lip, my common sense and conviction evaporated.
$50 bundle pack was an extra data cord, car charger and cheap case that I knew no way in hell I would ever use ... I even told her I could do better than that for $10 on ebay. That provoked a cute laugh and shrug of her shoulders, I got the bundle pack.

I dunno, I will probably just eat the $30 and get the extra memory, this is 3/4 filled already. Will probably charge me another $35 new activation fee as well, what a $$ pit.
I think I'll go to a different store staffed by guys though so I can play hardball, I don't stand a chance with this chick.

imnjs

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
Nah, the activation fee is for the line not the phone. And if she liked you as much as you say she did she can probably get the restock fee waived. Social engineering my friend.

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Well shes got my number, I'm hoping ! I even checked craigslist "missed connections", no dice. I really expected to see "Hot muscular guy in Sprint store !" there.
She said they have no authority at all to waive activation fees but said I might be able to get it waived if I call, I never did try, I'm dreading my next bill because she had to change my service plan as well, said it was going to be "about the same". I was so busy oogling over her rack that I forgot to ask for specifics.

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
I bet you have all the women swooning.

Well, I got 3 kids and am separated from ex, have 2 gf's but am always looking for the "right one". I don't go gaga over anything with 2 tits and a heartbeat, I was naturally attracted to this chick.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
I got the bigger phone because I didn't want to chew up data by accessing stuff through the internet. I have a lot of music and I'd go through my data limit in no time.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Well, I got 3 kids and am separated from ex, have 2 gf's but am always looking for the "right one". I don't go gaga over anything with 2 tits and a heartbeat, I was naturally attracted to this chick.

Let me guess... she's about 15 years younger than you?

;)

Don't let horny rule your wallet, my good man. Stand firm on the financial transactions. Besides, you surely could've gotten a date with her if she was interested. She was playing you for sales. I've had dudes pull that crap on me in the AT&T store (I'm a chick). It's hysterical because:
1. I'm not interested and I'm married.
2. There is no number 2, come to think of it.

I look those gorgeous guys in the eye and say "If I were a weaker woman, you could've talked me into that... nice sales pitch, but no thanks."

:D

thingstoponder

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2014
You're pretty rude for declining an offer for more free downloaded storage.

I just downloaded more RAM last week and it's running smooth.

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Let me guess... she's about 15 years younger than you?

;)

Don't let horny rule your wallet, my good man. Stand firm on the financial transactions. Besides, you surely could've gotten a date with her if she was interested. She was playing you for sales. I've had dudes pull that crap on me in the AT&T store (I'm a chick). It's hysterical because:
1. I'm not interested and I'm married.
2. There is no number 2, come to think of it.

I look those gorgeous guys in the eye and say "If I were a weaker woman, you could've talked me into that... nice sales pitch, but no thanks."

:D

Not particularly horny to be honest, I was smitten and it is what it is, can't help how I react. I went in there for the purpose of getting a 6 and thats what I walked out with. My problem was I didn't make up my mind for more RAM earlier, in fact I walked in wanting the 16 to save a few $$, seemed enough for my 4s.
As I was standing there waiting for service I started thinking about it and thought hell, just plunk down the extra $100 for more ram. 64 I would have had to wait for, 16 was right there in stock so I was easily swayed to walk out with it, now that I've had a chance to reflect I think that was the wrong choice and I'll see if I can rectify that.
Anyhow, no worries about my love life, both on the job and in the circles I hang I have more than enough opportunity to meet and hook up with hotties, this chick for a reason I can't quite nail down just attracted me and managed to boggle me out a bit.

mgs315

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
I'm pretty sure the fact she was happy to sell you a high profit margin accessory pack (more than likely with commission due to added value in a sale) she won't be calling.

Anyway, yep, restock fee is usual.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
OP, just pay the restocking fee and wait for the model that you really want. You'll be happy that you did when you get it.

theturtle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Not particularly horny to be honest, I was smitten and it is what it is, can't help how I react. I went in there for the purpose of getting a 6 and thats what I walked out with. My problem was I didn't make up my mind for more RAM earlier, in fact I walked in wanting the 16 to save a few $$, seemed enough for my 4s.
As I was standing there waiting for service I started thinking about it and thought hell, just plunk down the extra $100 for more ram. 64 I would have had to wait for, 16 was right there in stock so I was easily swayed to walk out with it, now that I've had a chance to reflect I think that was the wrong choice and I'll see if I can rectify that.
Anyhow, no worries about my love life, both on the job and in the circles I hang I have more than enough opportunity to meet and hook up with hotties, this chick for a reason I can't quite nail down just attracted me and managed to boggle me out a bit.

I admire your candidness.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

Go work your magic on her manager. Tell the manager that his sales rep pressured you to buy a 16GB when you wanted a 64GB, and assured you that there was an app that would give you extra storage, but no such app exists. Then, tell the manager you'd like a full refund because the salesperson lied to you.

Turnabout is fair play. ;)

wellred

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2013
This is a great topic! The Dropbox thing cracked me up. You should go back and just ask her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.