Return 16GB for 64GB Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tyler23, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Hi All,

After pre-ordering and picking up the iPhone 6 on launch day with 16GB storage, I've decided to pick up an iPhone 6 with 64GB.

My plan is to order an iPhone 6, 64GB early tomorrow morning at a store close to me as long as it's available. Then, I'll go in with my current iPhone 6, the box, etc. Can I return it, pick up the 64GB and pay the difference? Or will I return it, have the amount credited back to my account, and then just flat out buy the 64GB?

Just want to make sure this all will work.

Thanks!

2. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

I'm in the exact same boat as you.

From what T-Mobile has told me, I have fourteen days to return it from the purchase date. I was a bit curious about my JUMP! eligibility since, you know, I just upgraded my phone. But I still have the option to use an upgrade on my account, so I'm not sure which amount I'd be paying when switching phones.

3. MrENGLISH macrumors regular

I purchased the 16GB 6+ because they didn't have the 64GB 6+. That night I see the 64GB 6+ is available to reserve online at my local Apple Store (same store I purchase my 16GB 6+ at). So I placed the online reservation right then and there so I wouldn't miss out on it. I had to add a new line of service in order to do so.

Next morning I picked up the 64GB 6+ and returned the 16GB 6+. My transaction was simple because I had added a new line when I had purchased the 16GB the day before, so they just returned the 16GB and canceled the line associated with it. They explained to me that it would have been much more complicated if I had originally purchased via an upgrade and/or wanted to keep that number.

I also decided to call Verizon to make sure that line was cancelled and they took care of it right then and there over the phone. They were able to see on their end that I had returned the 16GB iPhone 6+.

It took a couple of days for the return to credit back to my account.

I am very happy to have the 64GB model. 16GB is just too small for a device as big as the 6+. I wanted to be able to load it with games and movies so I could take advantage of the larger screen.

Hope my story helps.

4. csunflip macrumors regular

Want to do the same thing.

In LA and there's quite a few Apple stores.

As much as I love waiting in line at the Apple store, has anyone had the experience of walking in without having to wait in line to do an exchange?

5. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

I'm in SoCal, (South of LA), and they made me wait in line to exchange a 6 Plus for a 6. Of course I decided to just drive away. Not waiting in a line full of scalpers to exchange. I'll wait a week.

6. csunflip macrumors regular

14 day window....not sure if the lines would die down by next Friday. Damn if we do...

7. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

If that's the case, then I'll just have to wait in line. No choice. We shall see. :p

I have heard of Apple letting people skip the line for an exchange. It's probably Store-Specific.

8. csunflip macrumors regular

Which store might that be..... :cool: