Return a ipad mini 2 because I cant slide to open

Discussion in 'iPad' started by steveOooo, Nov 17, 2016.

1. steveOooo macrumors 6502a

Received a refurb ipad mini 2 today with ios10 on it.

All ok, turn off the apple glitz (reduce transparency, motion etc) and its nice and quick for what i need (web browsing, youtube and netflix).

Only issue - slide to unlock! its no longer. I'm now greeted with widgets - these widgets are sort of mocking me now 'hahaha you looking for slide to unlock? think again pal'

I now have to press two buttons - either sleep, home or home home - hmmmm Apple wouldnt want the home button to wear out sooner resulting in a repair or new ipad?

I was thinking of returning it, but it seems a bit ott for a software issue - would you return it? Can my muscle training change - i also use a iphone 5 with ios8, no way am i putting ios10 on it - three clicks i reverse black and white, hold it i get siri.

Also the sleep = home combo - im sure ill end up with lots of screen shots.

Thanks apple, another fine well thought out 'feature'.

Swipe to unlock - hey your finger is near the screen, great idea.

Home to unlock - press two buttons then move finger across...watch out for siri and random screen shots if using the super sleep home combo

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

It sucks big time. I have an ipad air 2 and I don't use touch id as it's a bit too slow for my liking. So I have to do the double tap to unlock. It sucks balls for sure. But you get use to it.

BTW, I also have an iphone 5 on ios8. No way in hell would I be upgrading that to ios10.

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

This feature was created to remedy the issue of devices with 2nd gen TouchID unlocking and bypassing the lockscreen too quickly, making it so that by default users would actually have to press the home button to access the homescreen. Of course, if you have any device with TouchID you can change your settings so that it works as it did before. Well, almost. Still no way to get back swipe to unlock, but you can make it so that upon waking the device, simply resting your finger in the home button takes you to the homescreen, therefore, only one button press required.

It's not surprising that Apple doesn't care about the greater inconvenience for users without TouchID, given that the Mini 2 and iPod Touch are the only iOS devices they sell that lack it, and the former will probably be phased out with the next generation of iPads.