Return a MBP 2011 to the shop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EOS1971, Apr 21, 2011.

1. EOS1971 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I don't like the noise my new macbook pro 2.2 - 8gb - 500gb / 7200 makes. I just did a test with my 'old' MBP model 2008 with the same 1gb video file in handbrake. The old machine did not make any noise. While the new one makes a 'lift off'. I can't work the coming three years with this noise.

I've heart other new owners how returned to the store and they told it is normal showing a letter of apple?! This not normal for a $ 2550 laptop how is sold 'suited for FCP'.

So tomorrow I go the apple store with my two laptops and show the problem.

Has someone else experience in returning the laptop with this problem?

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Please explain how computer noise classifies a laptop as not "suited for FCP".

3. EOS1971 thread starter macrumors newbie

The noise is such extant it gives questions on the build quality. During FCP is blows 75% of the time.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

You know, computers get hot, more powerful computers get hotter. What is being used for cooling, oh yeah, fans!

Some of Apple's laptops have a poor application of thermal paste and heat up more quickly, maybe that's your case, what are your temperatures in the first place?

What did you expect, exactly? A dead silent computer? Take the fans out, run the computer in a freezer with a SSD, it'll be silent.

5. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

Are you sure it's not that 7200RPM drive just spinning? They are noisier than their 5400RPM counterparts.

But if it's the fans well, yes... the new MBP's seem to be generating a lot of heat. That noise you are hearing is a by-product of the new CPU's. Apple should have done something different rather than just throw the new chips into a body designed for the C2D's that had their own GPU.

//Queuing the fanboys who will no doubt defend the heat issues...