Return A Replacement iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mjmar, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I bought my iPad 2 at Best Buy on day one, and it suffered from severe backlight bleeding so I brought it to the genius. The genius saw it and gave me a brand new iPad, sealed in the box. Unfortunately, this iPad has backlight bleeding and a recessed/loose home button. I've decided that I want to just return it, and wait awhile until I get another one. The only problem is that I have no idea where I should return it. Will best buy take back an iPad with a different serial number? Will Apple give me cash back if I payed with my card at best buy? This is all pretty confusing, so if anybody knows I'd appreciate it.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Why wait? You go to where you got the replacement, and get another, and another, until you get a good one.

3. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

Just be lucky your Apple store has replacement units. I've tried twice at mine and none to be had. They smile and say "we'll gladly give you your money back if you're not satisfied"...

No thanks, I'll just keep my chipped iPad...

4. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

The bleeding isn't as bad on this one, and I'm not sure that a loose home button is a defect, so they might not even give me a new one.

5. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

A loose home button is a defect. When I went to the apple store due to a loose home button on my iphone 4, the genius swapped it right away.

6. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

^^^ THIS

For the prices we are paying, you should never have to settle for a sub-standard product.

7. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

Exactly we should expect our products to work, not settle for anything less.

Ps I'd also use Xcode to make it a dev unit so u can activate more multitouch gestures, I don't even use my home button anymore!:cool: