Return brand new iP4 to back to AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by parth6512, Jul 12, 2010.

1. parth6512 macrumors member

Hey guys,

Im going to be receiving my iphone 4 tomorrow that I ordered from AT&T premier site. Now with all these people having issues with the antenna and proximity sensors, it makes me wanna return the phone back without opening it. Im left handed so the signal drop is gonna be a big problem for me. I wasn't aware of these issues when I first ordered this phone. I really don't want to open the phone and pay the 10% restocking fee to return it.

2. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to return it. I also think that even if you do open it you can still return it w/o incurring the restocking fee.

3. parth6512 thread starter macrumors member

Isn't that only if you bought the phone directly from Apple?

4. hipvamore macrumors regular

at least open it and get an opinion for yourself. after having the phone since the 23rd i've only got like three dropped calls. not the worst thing in the world. i love my iphone 4

5. h00ligan macrumors 68030

ATT doesn't have a restock fee and has a 30 day return iirc - call them to be sure.

6. owmygulay macrumors member

What he said. I believe you can still return it after it is opened. Try it out for yourself and see what you think.

7. parth6512 thread starter macrumors member

I'll call AT&T tomorrow and check if there is any restocking fee. I really hope there isn't any major issues with this.

8. PUCCY macrumors regular

there is no restocking fee within the 30 days range. NONE. Wether you open the box or not.