Return date longer than usual 2 week? How come

xsimplyjosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Hello, I'm still new to macrumors forums. so heres my scenario and question below

Recently I went to buy the iPhone 6s+ 64GB in the Rose Gold.
However I decide to look at the receipt today and noticed the return policy is very long compared to the standard two week usual.

Attach is my online tax invoice, I blocked out just personal details but thats about it just to show what I mean.

Does this return date mean even if I open the sealed package can I still return on January 8 2016 providing the item is obviously [and obviously] in pristine/excellent condition? Or is there something else to it. Or is there something else I'm missing out entirely...

Please highlight if anyone bought item from apple before, because this is my first purchase... thanks

Attachments

freedomisle

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2015
Hello, I'm still new to macrumors forums. so heres my scenario and question below

Recently I went to buy the iPhone 6s+ 64GB in the Rose Gold.
However I decide to look at the receipt today and noticed the return policy is very long compared to the standard two week usual.

Attach is my online tax invoice, I blocked out just personal details but thats about it just to show what I mean.

Does this return date mean even if I open the sealed package can I still return on January 8 2016 providing the item is obviously [and obviously] in pristine/excellent condition? Or is there something else to it. Or is there something else I'm missing out entirely...

Please highlight if anyone bought item from apple before, because this is my first purchase... thanks
I am on my 4th iPhone 6s Plus and they have all had the same 14 day return, UK. I wonder if purchasing it in Booragoon has anything to do with it.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
The real answer is BOTH yes and no!

Yeah that will confuse people in the USA. The reason is because of this:]

1. If you purchase full price (like I did), because of holiday season I get to return iPhone 6S plus by January 8th 2016.

2. However you purchased via carrier financing/NEXT/Whatever gimmick plans, you still only have 14 days to return your iPhone. Because most of the major carriers in the USA have 14 day return policy.

Remember Apple used to have a 30 day return policy for iphones. But they changed it to 14 days from the time it's received because there was so much confusion with carriers "contracts" wording 14 days in most states.

So to repeat, if purchased full price, you have until January 8th 2016 to return it.

If purchase via carrier financing, it's 14 days to still return it.

Apple really needs to be clear about it especially with the financing plans carriers have via NEXT, EDGE (or whatever Verizon calls it these days), Sprint, Tmobile etc.

ultravisitor

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2015
Chicago, IL
So to repeat, if purchased full price, you have until January 8th 2016 to return it.

If purchase via carrier financing, it's 14 days to still return it.
I wouldn't be so sure. Verizon also has a holiday return window. I'm not exactly sure the dates of it, but I know it exists because I've taken advantage of it in the past.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
Well this will certainly be a blessing for those who keep needlessly returning their new iPhones till they get one with a TSMC chip. o_O

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I wouldn't be so sure. Verizon also has a holiday return window. I'm not exactly sure the dates of it, but I know it exists because I've taken advantage of it in the past.
True. Last year it was nov 27 to January 15 for Verizon If u got it from Verizon store.

I just wouldn't play many games and try to return a Verizon a1688 iphone at Apple store november 1st via financing and expect Verizon to honor Apple policy for the holidays until Verizon nnounces their own holiday return policy.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-content?content=/api/core/v3/contents/2003146

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
So if I buy any Apple product in the US right now, I have until January 8th to return it? That's a pretty generous offer.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
So if I buy any Apple product in the US right now, I have until January 8th to return it? That's a pretty generous offer.
Yes. A full price purchased can be returned in January 8 2016 to any USA Apple retail store. Just don't bring it out of the country expecting to return it to outside country.

xsimplyjosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
@to all:

Ahh i see thanks all very much. I understand now why and that sounds like a generous deal. Yea I chose to buy outright direct because it wasn't an issue with financing and wanted prepaid mobile data instead of postpaid because a certain company had very bad pricing for their postpaid [telstra] but i loved their carrier service and reliability and coverage over everything else [telstra] over optus/voda/virgin.. so no other way

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I just noticed this on the receipt from the 6S Plus I bought this week. Nice bonus just in case, but I'm pretty happy with this phone.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
So if you buy from the Apple.com you can use the phone for a couple of months then return it - no questions asked for a full refund? Or does it mean only unopened boxes?