Return date longer than usual 2 week? How come

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xsimplyjosh, Nov 7, 2015.

1. xsimplyjosh macrumors regular

Hello, I'm still new to macrumors forums. so heres my scenario and question below

Recently I went to buy the iPhone 6s+ 64GB in the Rose Gold.
    However I decide to look at the receipt today and noticed the return policy is very long compared to the standard two week usual.

Attach is my online tax invoice, I blocked out just personal details but thats about it just to show what I mean.

Does this return date mean even if I open the sealed package can I still return on January 8 2016 providing the item is obviously [and obviously] in pristine/excellent condition? Or is there something else to it. Or is there something else I'm missing out entirely...

Please highlight if anyone bought item from apple before, because this is my first purchase... thanks

Attached Files:

• azx.jpg
      azx.jpg
      File size:
      70 KB
      Views:
  2. freedomisle macrumors regular

I am on my 4th iPhone 6s Plus and they have all had the same 14 day return, UK. I wonder if purchasing it in Booragoon has anything to do with it.

3. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I'm pretty sure it's for Christmas. They do this every year.

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Because any apple product purchased from 11/1 through 12/25 have an extended holiday return so you have till 1/8/15 to return the apple product if you are not satisfied.

5. aneftp macrumors 601

The real answer is BOTH yes and no!

Yeah that will confuse people in the USA. The reason is because of this:]

1. If you purchase full price (like I did), because of holiday season I get to return iPhone 6S plus by January 8th 2016.

2. However you purchased via carrier financing/NEXT/Whatever gimmick plans, you still only have 14 days to return your iPhone. Because most of the major carriers in the USA have 14 day return policy.

Remember Apple used to have a 30 day return policy for iphones. But they changed it to 14 days from the time it's received because there was so much confusion with carriers "contracts" wording 14 days in most states.

So to repeat, if purchased full price, you have until January 8th 2016 to return it.

If purchase via carrier financing, it's 14 days to still return it.

Apple really needs to be clear about it especially with the financing plans carriers have via NEXT, EDGE (or whatever Verizon calls it these days), Sprint, Tmobile etc.

6. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

I wouldn't be so sure. Verizon also has a holiday return window. I'm not exactly sure the dates of it, but I know it exists because I've taken advantage of it in the past.

7. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Well this will certainly be a blessing for those who keep needlessly returning their new iPhones till they get one with a TSMC chip. o_O

8. aneftp macrumors 601

True. Last year it was nov 27 to January 15 for Verizon If u got it from Verizon store.

I just wouldn't play many games and try to return a Verizon a1688 iphone at Apple store november 1st via financing and expect Verizon to honor Apple policy for the holidays until Verizon nnounces their own holiday return policy.

https://community.verizonwireless.c...content?content=/api/core/v3/contents/2003146

9. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

So if I buy any Apple product in the US right now, I have until January 8th to return it? That's a pretty generous offer.

10. aneftp macrumors 601

Yes. A full price purchased can be returned in January 8 2016 to any USA Apple retail store. Just don't bring it out of the country expecting to return it to outside country.

11. xsimplyjosh thread starter macrumors regular

@to all:

Ahh i see thanks all very much. I understand now why and that sounds like a generous deal. Yea I chose to buy outright direct because it wasn't an issue with financing and wanted prepaid mobile data instead of postpaid because a certain company had very bad pricing for their postpaid [telstra] but i loved their carrier service and reliability and coverage over everything else [telstra] over optus/voda/virgin.. so no other way

12. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I just noticed this on the receipt from the 6S Plus I bought this week. Nice bonus just in case, but I'm pretty happy with this phone.

13. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

So if you buy from the Apple.com you can use the phone for a couple of months then return it - no questions asked for a full refund? Or does it mean only unopened boxes?

14. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes I think this also applies to apple.com. I believe opened box as well.