Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reckless2k2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I bought an iPad 2 32GB WiFi + 3G (AT&T) model at Walmart this past Friday. After unboxing and using for a little bit of time, I noticed the entire bottom portion of the device does not look like it is "seated" properly. I can actually push down on the screen area and it sinks in. It sticks out from the bottom of the device noticeably when you hold it on the angle to see it.

Should I return it to Walmart or take it to Apple for an exchange? I would say that it's a manufacturing defect but it's hard to say. I don't think it could be easily fixed.

I'm not sure if Apple would take the exchange. I don't know if I want to risk another Walmart defect of the same sort on their shelf.

funkeruski

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
If you don't live near an Apple store, take it back to Wal Mart and find another one at Wal Mart or Target. If you get another one with a defect, do the same thing again.

rzc

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
Should I return it to Walmart or take it to Apple for an exchange? I would say that it's a manufacturing defect but it's hard to say. I don't think it could be easily fixed.

I'm not sure if Apple would take the exchange. I don't know if I want to risk another Walmart defect of the same sort on their shelf.

When I tried exchanging my gen1 with apple they told me no and I had to bring it back to Sams Club since it was way over the 2weeks. I would still try apple first since you are within the 2weeks exchange they have.

I did learn one thing, I'm better buying apple stuff in sams, not only is it cheaper but the return policy is 90days instead of 14days.

Good luck.

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
I wasn't sure if I could exchange it at Apple if I bought it at Walmart.

That is easy to know.

If you have an Apple store near you, just make a Genius appointment. Make it on time for the appointment, tell the Genius your issue & ask if they can do a swap for you...... You will then get a definite answer to your question. I humbly think that it is very likely the Apple store will do an exchange for you. :)

Good luck. :)

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I wasn't sure if I could exchange it at Apple if I bought it at Walmart.

Apple stores provide full warranty support regardless of purchase location.

You typically don't even need a receipt if the serial # shows up as under warranty on Apple's system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.