Return for ipad3?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by bw1128, Jan 24, 2012.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

So I recently bought a ipad2 64gb wifi. Just jailbroke it and am loving it! But I am still in my window of the return policy and wanted to see what you would do. Would you return it and want the month or two till the ipad3 comes out in hopes that it will be that much better than the ipad2 or just keep the ipad2? It's just a toy and is not must have right now. I can deal with our it for a while. Do you think the ipad3 will be that much better?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why don't you put on your independent thinking cap and make your own decision? Nobody can tell you what to do with your personal electronics, nor should they.

3. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

If you specifically like the jailbreak, one thing to keep in mind is that it will likely be a while before the 3 is jailbroken. The iPad 2 was released in March and wasn't jb til June; the 3 could take longer now that they have ex-jbers working for them.

4. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wow dude. Do you say the same thing when people ask for advise on what app/tweak to get or how to do something. I don't see the point in your response other than to be rude. Next time why even bother to respond. This is why there's so many arguments on here, is because of people like you and do not help ops but just try to be rude to one.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Keep it, it is a great device, Sell it when the iPad 3 is announced, there will be plenty of people that would take it away from your hands, you may take a $100 hit or so, but IMO it totally worth it to get a new iPad3 for $100 and chance while i used the 2 for several months, pretty much you leased your iPad2 for $10/m or so. =)

My personal opinion of course.

6. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

What a waste of space

People like this ruin macrumors

7. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good point. Thanks!

8. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you. My point exactly.

9. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Useless post man. I'm sure the OP can make his own decisions and is just looking for different opinions.

Anyway, you should keep your iPad 2 and enjoy the JB. Let's face it, these idevices can be a bit boring without a jb. Personally, I would sell the iPad 2 when a jb is near for the 3.

10. Vapor4.0 macrumors newbie

Im actually in the same predicament :D. Knowing apple the iPad 3 most likely won't be anything too huge of an upgrade that make you regret having an iPad 2. If it is then I suggest what maturola said and sell the 2 to get the 3.

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

As another poster mentioned, if the jailbreak is a key reason of why you are 'loving it', do not return it and get an iPad3 because the odds are it will be a long wait for the iPad3 jb.

Also, this has been the same dilemma for every version of the iPhone and iPad. Nothing new. Stay on versions of the hardware and iOS that can be jailbroken or migrate to the new hardware and iOS and wait for jb. Only you can determine how important jb is to your effective and enjoyable use of the iDevice.

12. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Well, the thing is, if you are not using iPad THAT much, then I would return it without even thinking it twice. I mean, I got the iPad 2 back in early November, and I told myself if I can live without the iPad, I will return it after 5 days. However, that wasn't the case. I loved doing every bit of a work on my iPad, and I've decided to stay that way. So, I didn't return it and stayed with my iPad.

If you think the next iPad will have Retina Screen & A6 processor, and it's a good deal for you to wait, then wait. If iPad became part of your daily life, it would be a miserable life without it, lol.

13. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Personally, I'd return it and just wait for the 3.

14. wpotere Guest

Actually Miles01110 makes sense and I see his point. Asking if you should return a device is really a personal choice and not something that anyone here can tell you. It is much like asking on here if you should go to the bathroom. His tone may have been wrong but the overall point is spot on.

If you were asking what app, that would be different as there may be several choices and others may have used it.

If you like it keep it, otherwise take it back and wait. Your choice.

15. newdeal macrumors 68020

the 3 is going to be a huge upgrade, twice as faster, nine times faster graphics, double the display resolution, double the ram, siri integration, your iPad 2 will look ancient in comparison.

16. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

He's obviously trying to decide whether he should return it or not, and is simply asking for other input. He may not know very much about the iPad 3 and whether it's worth it or not.

17. wpotere Guest

And? A quick google search can give you the possible iPad3 specs. Simple enough, still not something that we can tell him to do. The point was that it is a decision that only he can make. If he needs it now, then keep it or simply return it and wait. What is so hard about this that you have to ask others for advice?

Should I have cereal this morning or pancakes?

18. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

That doesn't mean we can't help him decide. It's easier to ask here than it is to Google and find accurate rumours, and it results in a discussion about whether it's worth waiting or not which will ultimately help him make up his mind.

+1 for pancakes lol :p

19. ShAdOwXPR macrumors member

Return it the ipad 3 with Retina/LTE/quadcore will be the benchmark for app design in the coming years. Retina will last a few years and quadcore will be teh base for all ipad retina design apps...

20. wpotere Guest

Pancakes it is! :p

21. PrayForDeath macrumors 6502

Except we don't know this for sure.

OP I'd keep the iPad 2 if you're enjoying it and want the JB. And if the iPad 3 turns out to be a huge upgrade, you can always sell yours and get it then.

22. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I'm waiting until a JB is out for the 3 before I sell my 2:D

If JB isn't important to you.....by all means sell the 2 and get the 3. If JB is important.....

[​IMG]