Return free ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by KSpider, Aug 24, 2008.

1. KSpider macrumors regular

I got a free ipod touch with the back to school promotion. Can I return it for store credit within 14 days? how do they handle this?

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I'd be willing to bet you can't. IIRC, when I purchased my iMac, they scanned in the Touch, so it would be on file as being one of the promotional iPods.

3. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

It wasnt free, you buy it and then do the rebate to get your money back. If you return it then you wont be able to get the rebate, meaning you are right back to where you started but with no ipod.

If you want to make money from it then get the rebate and sell the ipod on ebay.

4. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

I sent in the rebate the day I bought the iPod and the check came in the mail exactly a week later.

They wouldn't be able to cancel the rebate check if it is sent so fast..

Hahaha... It's pretty funny to think about, but I strongly discourage being a jerk of a customer :p.

As others said, just sell it on eBay and wait for your rebate check also.

5. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

I sold mine on craigslist for near the retail price. If you return it they will probably bill you or charge your credit card the rebate amount. Not worth it, and illegal.

6. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

7. astudentis macrumors regular

to return dont u still need the UPC to be still attached to the box(or do they no longer need that for a rebate anymore?)

8. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Also, if you read the terms and conditions, it says you forfeit the rebate if you return the iPod.

9. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

You can submit the rebate online now.