Return iPad 2 or keep it

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nikeman11, Feb 26, 2012.

1. nikeman11 macrumors newbie

I received a new iPad 2 a week ago as a gift. Am loving it and what it can do. Just wondering if it would be worth it to return it and wait for a 3 in a couple weeks or keep it. I wonder what more an iPad 3 will be able to do than the 2.

2. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

Gonna return mine. Got it Friday for my birthday. If anything, there will at least be a price drop with the 2 if you don't want the 3.

3. EIGHTYTHREE, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012

EIGHTYTHREE macrumors member

EIGHTYTHREE

return it! Cmon now. But ultimately its your decision. No one here can tell you what to do for you. Its the same rule of thumb as always, if you "need" it now then stick with it, if you can live w/o it for a few weeks then wait for the new one. The iPad3 will be able to do everything the iPad2 does and more..hence it being the latest model.

I dont understand why so many people make this more complicated than it is. Just my 4 cents!!

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

5. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

I'd return it since the iPad 3 will no doubt be a lot nicer for the same money. The retina display alone would make it worthwhile.

6. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Return it. One more week till the iPad 3 announcement.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's a little tough when items like this are gifts. I guess I would explain to the individual that you are super happy, but that the brand new version is out in a couple of weeks, and would they mind if you took it back and waited? If I had given someone an iPad and they told me I'd be happy that they had.