iPad Return iPad Air for price match?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PongYKong, Nov 25, 2013.

1. PongYKong macrumors newbie

Hello, I bought an iPad Air 128GB on November 13, but just found out today that I could've save $50 by doing a price match with Quill. Is it possible to workout a deal at apple store such as returning the iPad to repurchase "same iPad" at a reduce price by their price matching system?

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I don't believe the Apple stores around here (Canada) do price matching. But if they do, I'm sure they'd rather just give you a refund of $50 rather than take back the old iPad and selling you a new one.

Why not phone and find out?

Clint

3. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

4. ougum macrumors regular

The Apple store matched Best Buy on my MacBook Air. They said as long as it's a physical store (not online) and the store actually have the item in stock, they'll match them up to 10%.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

For me no. The time it takes to restore all the apps & media to my iPad isn't worth the hassle not to mention time taking it back & waiting for new one to come in.

6. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I'm thinking along the lines of this now too...Best Buy has my iPad Air 128gb on sale for $729 when I paid $799. But they only price adjust for up to 15 days and I purchased it on Nov. 4th. So I can only return my first one and buy this new one on sale which is shipped only. So I'd be waiting for a new one.

My current Air has a very good quality screen so I don't think $70 is worth backing up/restoring/and getting dumped into a possible screen lotto situation with a shipped iPad from Best Buy.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I'm curious why you haven't called them?