Return iPad to factory settings WITHOUT restoring

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PhazonUK, Aug 18, 2010.

1. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

I may be selling my iPad soon and it is currently Jailbroken on 3.2. I want to keep it on 3.2 so that it can still be Jailbroken but I want to make sure it is totally blanked in terms of my apps, videos, or any personal info such as contacts and web history/passwords.
    How would I do this?
    Or is there even a way to restore to 3.2 or 3.2.1 instead of 3.2.2 (jailbreak fixed)?

2. jwilson25 macrumors regular

jwilson25

As long as you saved your SHSH blobs with Cydia or TinyUmbrella, then you can restore it back to 3.2 or 3.2.1 and rejailbreak it with jailbreakme.com, I just did this over the weekend with mine.

3. bcaslis macrumors 68020

How about go to settings, tap on general, then tap on reset, then tap on erase all content and settings? Works for me.

4. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

That does sound easier but is it absolutely complete? No hidden data?

5. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I don't think there is any way to verify it, but it's what is recommended by Apple for removing your data if selling or returning a unit.

6. jwilson25 macrumors regular

jwilson25

Last time I tried "Erase All Content and Settings" was on my jailbroken iPhone 3G, and all I ended up with was a brick stuck on the Apple logo, which I then had to DFU mode with PwnageTool to get it working again.