Return iPhone 3G and wait for Summer release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zach383z, Apr 22, 2009.

1. zach383z macrumors newbie

Hi all, as the title suggests I am in a predicament. I just upgraded to the iPhone 3G last week. I did not realize that a new version in coming out until reading up on some forums. Should I return my iPhone, pay the 10% restocking fee and wait it out for the new phone release in the summer?

I love the phone, but if there are going to be major upgrades to the new one, I can wait it out. Does anyone have any links to potential upgrades? Is June a set in stone date yet, or is that up in the air still?

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks in advance!

Zach

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

We. Know. Nothing. We have been told nothing, thus we know nothing.

3. Takeurtime macrumors member

If you can wait it out than do so, that be the best bet. I need a new 3g phone and will be buying one thursday. I dont like waiting, who knows if I will be alive in 2-3 months. I will enjoy the phone NOW!

4. waiwai macrumors regular

i have a source, who has disappeared off the face of the planet since telling me that the new iphone due to release in June will have a 32GB SSD, a F2.8 lens capable of 6x digital zoom, 1 GHz ARM Processor, 512MB RAM, and a new GPU... he hung up afterwards and was never heard of again.

Anyways... all jokes aside, it's coming this summer... We all would love to have a June release... Aside from the new addition of video cam in the new iphones, nothing else has really been said about the new iphones... I would just stick to the 3G for now and then when the new ones come out... just compare and if u like the new one... just sell ur current 3G...

5. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Eh, I'd keep it. There might not even be a new iPhone

6. AsianChexMix macrumors regular

It's whether you want to have the iPhone a few months before a new product release. It's really about if you will have any remorse for not having the new iPhone that is "supposed" to come out. As of now, we know nothing. But if you can wait a few months, I'd wait since worst case scenario you go back to iPhone 3G with no new iPhone being out and having confidence you made a decision without regrets.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Riiiiiiiiiight...:rolleyes:

8. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

Here's a story sure to make your decision easier:

In March of last year, I faced the same decision. I bought the iPhone, then sold it at a tremendous loss right before the 3G was released, bought the 3G, and have been sorry ever since that I didn't keep the original phone. So I'd normally agree with those who advise you to buy now. But if you do, then want the newer one in July (if there is one in July), you probably won't get it for the subsidized price, unless Apple and AT&T pull some magic deal, which they might as far as I'm concerned, since AT&T would really like to get that whole exclusivity thing goin' again.

Good luck. Let us know what you decide.

9. kits macrumors member

If you already know you like iPhone, you should wait. It's just a few months.

10. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

If you sold your 1st gen at a tremendous loss, then that's on you. I can still get close to what I paid for mine - TODAY.