Return iphone 4 or keep ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xRYD3Rx, Jul 3, 2010.

1. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

Should i return the iphone 4 because of the reception issue ?? Or you think apple will fix that ?
    And 1 more question if you tap on your iphone 4's back does it make a wierd sound like its broken or not placed on the phone correctly???

2. Macficionado macrumors newbie

What I would do if I were you is the following: for a couple of days, stop worrying about the 'reception issue' and just use your phone normally. If you would normally use a case, use it. If you would normally hold it with your left hand, hold it with your left hand.

Then, try making phone calls and receiving phone calls. You can compare the experience with previous iPhones or any other phones you've had, and you can decide whether the phone's reception is good enough for you. I would advise against looking at the amount of bars for information.

Then, you can decide if you'd rather have the phone or keep it.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

....but Gawker has already told him he has a problem so it must be true.:D

4. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

God gifted you with free will, use it. Return it or replace it or get what ever makes you happy... trust me life is too short to not be happy.

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

+1
    If you are dropping too many calls (more than your previous iPhone if you had one) than return the phone...if you are just upset that the bars drop when death gripping the phone but you are not dropping calls or data connection, stop worrying about it and enjoy the phone and wait and see what Apple decides to do with the "Bar Dropping" issue...

6. xRYD3Rx thread starter macrumors 6502

I payed $460 with an early upgrade this phone shouldnt even have any problems !!

7. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Then return it and stop crying

8. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

There is no issue. Enjoy your phone and stop reading I to all of the doom and gloom posters on this forum.

9. xRYD3Rx thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol im not crying , how would you feel if you payed for a phone that much and it doesnt work ?

10. falconeight Guest

falconeight

You knw I could honestly say that I would return it. And if someone asked me abou it I would say that it did not perform to my standards and I took it back. I would not cry on a forum, sue, start a blog, email the CO of the
    Company.

11. xRYD3Rx thread starter macrumors 6502

I just want to know what you people would do in this case , return or keep .. I want to know your opinions

12. Munitalp macrumors 65816

13. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Either it doesn't work and needs to be returned or it doesn't.

14. bigchief macrumors 6502a

I'm just glad I waited so I could see everyone's reaction to the 4. First run products always have problems.

15. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

You haven't said whether you can make calls with the phone or do other stuff. If you are obsessing about the fact that holding it a certain way can make the bars drop, then get over it. If you can't use it to do the things you bought it for, return it.

I'm keeping mine without any reservation whatsoever.

16. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Unhappy = a return

17. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

You say that you paid $500 and it "doesn't work" so you're returning it, but if I paid $500 and it "didn't work" there'd be no way I'd return. You paid $500, mine as well keep it.

And the reception issue isn't an issue. It's a bunch of people trying to find something negative to say about a great device.

All in all, keep it or return it, we don't give a s***.

18. Macficionado macrumors newbie

I am of course doing as I preach. I bought my iPhone and I'm keeping it. However, I would not dream of keeping a phone that I couldn't use to my satisfaction. This is why I'm recommending that you figure out how usable the phone is in your area and in your conditions.

I understand you paid $460 dollars. Do you feel the iPhone is worth 460 dollars to you? The number of bars will get fixed soon, so you really should be basing your decision on the phone call quality. I agree with you; I'd much rather this issue weren't here, but it is. In the face of it, what do you want to do?

a) Keep an old phone and save the 450 bucks?
    b) Keep the iPhone 4?
    c) Give the phone back and buy a new one of a different type?

There's no use feeling bad because the iPhone 4 is not as perfect as you'd want it to be. You have a number of options and you just have to pick the one that's best for you.

I certainly think my phone is worth everything I paid for it, so I'll just keep it.

19. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

In all seriousness, use the stranger test.

A dude walks up to you with $460 in one hand. In his other hand he has an iPhone 4. Knowing what you know now, would you take the money or would you take the phone?

20. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Good test!

21. briand05 macrumors 6502

Honestly I'd stick the thing in a case or hold it differently and keep it. No I'm not a fanboy I've criticized Apple and jobs countless times and I'm not saying Apple's response to the situation has been the best. But the phone is just so good that I personally would rather have this phone and live with this issue and freaking watch the way I hold it than have some other phone.

22. bigchief macrumors 6502a

After reading all these complaints I would take the money and continue to use my phone. I love my iphone 3Gs 32gb.

23. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

The problem is Anandtech already has proven that DESPITE the bar drop issue, the 4g STILL has better reception than the 3GS...

24. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Yes, please return it. Then your worries will end.