Return iphone 6 plus online Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiebug, Sep 25, 2014.

1. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Hi guys, I need to return my iPhone 6 plus to the online Apple store. On the website, it says "return item by October 9,2014". So I just need to send the phone by October 9 (aka postmark by October 9), it's not like they have to receive it by October 9 right?

Thanks!!

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

You can actually return it to a retail location as well if that's more convenient for you.

3. techiebug thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really? I read their return policy and they said item bought on the online store can't be returned to the retail store. Tmr I will call them to verify this.

4. AgentCooper macrumors newbie

I've just been to the Apple store in Regent Street, London, to return my obesely big 6+ and they told me I had to send it back using the returns on the site, because they're a different entity.

Really unhappy with that from Apple. I can return on online purchase from Sports Direct to a store but I can't do it with the richest company in the World? Bad service Apple.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Even tho the policy is clearly stated on their site but Apple Retail may accept online orders. But yes, best to call them and get answer directly from Apple.

6. twoz macrumors newbie

Make sure to call your local Apple Store. They will take it, but just to confirm. I called Apple customer service and got about five different answers.

7. techiebug thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm in South California. I just called 2 retail stores and they both said they accept return for items bought online. They also said I can exchange for the smaller one no problem

8. mlsusa macrumors regular

I can confirm you can return something bought online at a retail store as I just did that this morning in the Grand Central store in NYC. My upgrade eligibility with AT&T even got reinstated immediately but the guy who did my return said that's because I've been a longstanding customer with them.

For exchanges the guy told me I'd need to go to the walk-in line and hope they have what I want available. Essentially you'd need to take your chances there. I planned to order online later so that wasn't too big a deal for me.