return iphone address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Craiger, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I called yesterday to return my iphone 4. (lets not argue about that) The issue is that they sent me the link to print the return label, and then the sent me a confirmation email. The confirmation email tells me to send it to "apple returns" in Pennsylvania and the fedex label has "Apple Direct" in California.

What address have you guys sent them to? If everyone else is going to PA then I might call them to get a new label.

2. slimfinity macrumors member

I would call apple and speak to an apple employee. Get a solid answer. If you send it to the one address you will worry that you were suppose to send it to the other.

3. Craiger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Craiger

And now when I go to the order status page and click reprint, it has the PA address, but that isn't actually a FedEx label. It is just an address. I guess I will call after work.

I was hoping other people on here had the address they sent it to.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So what does the shipping label show? Just use that, I'm kind of confused on what that is showing.

5. Craiger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Craiger

When I clicked on the link that goes to FedEx, it shows it goes to California. When i go to apple.com/orderstatus and click on "reprint shipping label" it shows Pennsylvania.

6. Craiger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Craiger

In case anyone was following this thread, I called apple. They said that both addresses were there return center but that it was odd that mine was going to california because it usually picks the closest. I am in TN. They sent another label and that one had the PA address.

Also of note, I asked him about the 30 days and he said as long as they received it by the 23rd (the day I got my iphone) then I would get 100% back. He sounded a bit iffy on this though so I don't know if it is accurate info.

AND, he checked to make sure they waived the restocking fee when I didn't even ask him to so I am guessing some representatives are charging the restocking fee. I would advise all people to ask that they are getting 100% back!

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

In a general sense why wouldn't you contact Apple about this? Someone could easily post incorrect information intentionally or otherwise.

8. Craiger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Craiger

did you read the post right above yours? I DID contact apple. literally as soon as I got off work, but if someone had had the same experience I might have just sent it off. They are both apple addresses sent to me BY APPLE. One was just a lot closer to me so I was hoping apple had it wrong.

the real question is what value did your post bring to the discussion?

9. Craiger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I see that you edited you post as I was typing. I like this response a little better, but you can see in my second post that I said I was going to call after work.