Return iPhone because of microscratch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daniphils, Sep 29, 2014.

1. daniphils macrumors newbie

What I was asking myself the whole day is, if I should return my iPhone because it has a really minor microscratch on the lower right corner. Don't know where it came from. I only see it in an specific viewing angle. The display itself is great without a tint or dead pixels.

I put a screen protector on and can't see it anymore in any way, but the fact this scratch exists bothers me a bit.

I'm still able to return it, what would you do?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't think you can just return a phone you likely scratched. If you cannot see it now then why bother?

3. darkonex macrumors member

I would but I'm OCD like that. But ya most likely you couldn't return it, so what I would do is order another one and sell the scratched one.

4. daniphils thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think they check every iPhone so carefully that they notice a really minor scratch?

Even me barely sees it and I'm really fussy about scratches.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No but the way you worded your post suggests that it wasn't there when you got it. Returning it for a scratch and acting, if that is what you're doing, as though it was there when you took it from the box is actually wrong.

6. daniphils thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes for sure it would be wrong. Unfortunately I really can't tell if it was there right of the box or not. Didn't check the display then but I read that some iPhones came with scratches right out of the box.