Return iPhone for more Gee Bees

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andyw715, Dec 16, 2013.

1. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Bought a 16GB 5s from store.apple.com in mid November.

I thought 16GB would be enough as I had a 16GB iPhone 5.

Well I've been messing around with the slo mo stuff and seem to be taking more photos with it.

I need 32GB.

This phone was purchased for ATT upgrade ($199).

Will I be able to return it and get a 32GB version ($299) and still get the upgrade price?

The other thing is that I'd like to keep the current phone until the other one arrives.

Any ideas? Do I need to talk to ATT first?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

It would seem to me that calling AT&T is the most efficient course of action.

BTW: The Bee Gees weren't any good in the 70's...why would you want the disco dopeys now?;)

3. andyw715 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I just got off chat with ATT and apparently even though Apple allows returns until jan 7, ATT won't reverse the upgrade after 14 days.

Time to go to the ATT store.

4. lawlbringer macrumors regular

I would try calling AT&T customer service directly first to see what they say. The guys in the store tend to not be helpful in situations like these, especially if you didn't buy the device directly from them.

I tried to downgrade from a 32GB model to 16GB and they basically said "Sorry bro. It's been 21 days." In my case, I did get it at AT&T.

Hopefully you have better luck.

5. andyw715 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You have a gold one? Switcheroo + cash ? :)

6. lawlbringer macrumors regular

Nope, only have the one nobody wants(Space Grey.) Sorry. :(

7. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

If you got the phone from Apple and you're within their return window, they should be able to swap it out.

I had a similar situation except I went through Best Buy (shameful, I know, but the closest Apple store is almost 100 miles away). I also discovered that 16GB wasn't cutting it anymore and swapped it out for a 32GB model. All they did was a sim swap and had me pay the difference of the upgrade price. I'd imagine the process would be about the same with Apple.

Good luck!