Return iPhone for Store credits?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abs_p, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

SO yeah I got this iPhone 6s 16 for my dad using Discover's price protection and ended up getting it for less than 350 dollars out of pocket

649 + tax - 22% cashback - 199.01 in discover price protection (boostmobile has them for cheap).

Now my dad doesn't want it and I'd figure it's better to get it exchanged for a 6s 64gb/128gb and give it to someone who might as well use it.

Now as I used Price protection, I don't want to return the phone as it will cause more headaches for me so i figured i will just return the phone for apple store credits and apply those credits to buy a 64gb phone or the 6s plus for myself.

I don't want to get the card company involved anymore!!

Does that work?

2. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

I can't think of any scenario where you can return this and get back more than you paid for it. About your only option would be to sell it.

3. Abs_p thread starter macrumors 6502a

I paid 649 for it. You completely missed my query and you got confused in the cashback and price protection thing.

I paid 649 + tax to Apple in store using Apple Pay. So Apple got like 690 something from me.

Now I found a cheaper priced iPhone 6s on a site and asked discover (The credit card company) to match it. So they did and are sending me a check of 199 and they have a promo running that gives me 22% cashback one year after having their credit card.

Now my dad doesn't want the phone as it's too big for him. So i want to exchange the phone for a higher storage one and not involve my credit card coz of price protection claim.

Again I PAID 69x.xx to Apple, My credit card company reimburses for any price drops in 90 days and hence the lower out of pocket price. I just wnat to return the phone to Apple for store creidts adn apply the credit to buy a new higher capacity phone. I hope that's more clear.

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

5. Arrr macrumors newbie

Arrr

Was it purchased from Apple and then price-matched or was it purchased from Boost?

6. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

Apple Pay is your credit card. When you try to return it, then the money is going to go back to your credit card. Your only real option is to sell it.

7. Abs_p thread starter macrumors 6502a

I purchased it on apple and then filed a claim with discover. THey approved the claim but the check hasnt been mailed yet.

I know, that's why the question for store credit.

8. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

i would just return it for store credit. tell them that you got it as a gift and now you want to return it. and then add the money to get the 64Gb.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Much depends on how long ago you bought the iPhone.