return iPod Touch after rebate

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by bobsaget611, Jul 15, 2008.

1. bobsaget611 macrumors member

Hello, I bought a macbook air and got the free touch after rebate. i got the new iphone and never opened the touch. can i return the touch and still get the rebate or will ebay be my only option?

2. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Interesting question. Since you didn't pay for it you should not be entitled to any money back.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Nope

No. The serial number is tracked. I suppose it might also be fraud of some kind.

Sell it. Give it to a friend. Donate it to a charity.

4. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

I'm non-profit and would use it only for good works (like the Beatles, Queen, David Bowie) :p

5. umgolfer macrumors regular

Haha....I would've thought a charity band would have been a one-hit wonder...

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Huh? You got a free touch after rebate... and you want to return it? How would you go abouts doing that since you need to send in the bar code (not a photocopy) to Apple, therefore opening the package...

So either;
    1. your full of it
    or, 2. laws are different in the states, cause I know here in Canada, you need to mail the bar code so you don't return the product after..

For some reason I think he wants to do this, but hasn't done it yet. Well sorry for spoiling your dreams of frauding Apple!

7. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

:eek:

You can't return it, it could be fraud (considering the circumstances), and it's not the moral thing to do!

Smells like eBay!;)

8. Caralvarez24 macrumors regular

just ebay it, you won't be able to return it. Im sure Apple would have thought of that already

9. bobsaget611 thread starter macrumors member

actually i paid up front for the touch full price and i didnt have to send in the bar code for the rebate. the box is brand new unwrapped, the whole rebate process was online. i guess i will be selling it on ebay didnt think returning it would work.